Difference Between 2 Raw Motor Kits

GoldenMotor.com

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
So these two motor kits cost about the same and one says the price was cut down from $379 to $199 (GT6 Pro Racing 66/80cc Bicycle engine kit). While they have another for sale 80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit for $169 and was previously $189. Now I'm not sure what is the big difference that spending about $30 more would get me a almost $400 value instead of $200. Why such a reduction in price and what exactly is the difference between these two kits as I'm thinking of purchasing the GT6 Pro since it looks like a good value only for the fact that it used to cost $379 unlike the raw motor which had a previous value of $189 for just $30 extra.

Here are the links:
GT6 Pro:
http://www.rawmotors.com/2-Stroke-B...Racing-66cc-80cc-Bicycle-Engine-Kit-p250.html

Raw Motor Standard:
http://www.rawmotors.com/2-Stroke-Bike-Engine-Kits/80cc-Raw-Motor-Bicycle-Engine-Kit-p117.html

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
So they used to charge $380 for all that man I don't know if its worth it haha thanks greg I thought maybe the engine was slightly modified or something. I don't know how much of a difference the after market head and filter will do to the motor maybe not much compared to porting or using and expansion chamber. I guess I have some thinking to do between the dragon fire from bike berry or the gt6.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That type head if its machined with a good squish band will improve performance, I don't know what it costs but the head and air filter would cost more than the difference between the kits.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
If thats the case then I should just go with it, its just a couple extra $30 so I would see how that engine with the head and filter compare to my stock bike that I have now.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
what i'd do if i were you is as much research as possible on the forum find out where most people are getting its from an the feed back they leave about those places, trying to cheap out now (buying some cheap kit trying to save a dollar) will likely only cost you more in the long run

for an example i see great feed back about THAT'S DAX from a lot of people making the extra dollars spent but a it from him would only save me money later having to fix issues.........

in the end it's your money you do as you please with it.........

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Im actually trying not to cheap out trying to get the most reliable engine I can find that will not go over $240. Im only looking at the GT6 Pro because it looked like it was a good engine only due to the fact that it used to be valued at $380, and by no means is it cheap at the motor kit runs at $200. Im trying to spend that extra dollar to get decent performance and reliability. I was planning to get an engine from DAX but I read somewhere that he might be slacking on the engines as a couple of people were not getting exactly what they were promised. That is a good tip though I will check into it more I thought raw motors where a good trusted brand so I didn't think of them as cheap. Also was thinking of a Dragon Fire engine from BikeBerry.

Have you guys checked out the new Bullet Train Engine kit from BikeBerry:
http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...t-train-electric-start-engine-kit-silver.html

I have tried looking it up here in these forums and I have not found anything at least when I used the search bar.

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Why not just buy a engine on eBay for 115 dollars and port it yourself then just sand down the head a tiny bit for more compression???

I have just a regular eBay kit on 3 of my bikes and haven't had any major issues. The biggest difference I see between these website selling engines and eBay selling them is that they add a sticker to the clutch cover....I guess it would be worth it if they added a 1 year 10,000 mile warranty with the sticker.

These are just throw away motors to begin with no point in blowing tons if your just going to rebuild it every 2000 miles.

I don't know anything about the bullet train engine you showed there.

motoringbike

Jan 28, 2014
CDN
No one says what engines are good or bad. I think its just luck of the draw.
Dax seems like a good buy. I might as well buy a Power Fist from Princess Auto that is a Honda clone.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
Im actually trying not to cheap out trying to get the most reliable engine I can find that will not go over $240. Im only looking at the GT6 Pro because it looked like it was a good engine only due to the fact that it used to be valued at $380, and by no means is it cheap at the motor kit runs at $200. Im trying to spend that extra dollar to get decent performance and reliability. I was planning to get an engine from DAX but I read somewhere that he might be slacking on the engines as a couple of people were not getting exactly what they were promised. That is a good tip though I will check into it more I thought raw motors where a good trusted brand so I didn't think of them as cheap. Also was thinking of a Dragon Fire engine from BikeBerry.

Have you guys checked out the new Bullet Train Engine kit from BikeBerry:
http://www.bikeberry.com/gas-engine...t-train-electric-start-engine-kit-silver.html

I have tried looking it up here in these forums and I have not found anything at least when I used the search bar.

i didn't mean to come across as saying you were cheaping out i was just saying don't cheap out an do your research in order to buy the best you can find...........

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Latest PK80 40mm stroke engines are best right now.....
BeKits sells them. as well as some others, but BE SURE it's a true PK80 engine. Tags are cheap. The 40mm stroker crank and much better castings & jug are the real upgrades!

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Why not just buy a engine on eBay for 115 dollars and port it yourself then just sand down the head a tiny bit for more compression???

I have just a regular eBay kit on 3 of my bikes and haven't had any major issues. The biggest difference I see between these website selling engines and eBay selling them is that they add a sticker to the clutch cover....I guess it would be worth it if they added a 1 year 10,000 mile warranty with the sticker.

These are just throw away motors to begin with no point in blowing tons if your just going to rebuild it every 2000 miles.

I don't know anything about the bullet train engine you showed there.
This is a good idea just what I was thinking the only thing is that I don't want to waste to much time and would rather just pay for the engine to be in at least working condition without to much hassle. Plus I don't know how to port haha.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
i didn't mean to come across as saying you were cheaping out i was just saying don't cheap out an do your research in order to buy the best you can find...........
Yeah man I got it no hard feelings, always gotta do some research with these type of things.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Latest PK80 40mm stroke engines are best right now.....
BeKits sells them. as well as some others, but BE SURE it's a true PK80 engine. Tags are cheap. The 40mm stroker crank and much better castings & jug are the real upgrades!
Buying from BeKits ensures I'm getting a PK80? Alright this sounds good, btw do you know anything about the bullet train electric start engine kit that I mentioned earlier provided a link.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Buying from BeKits ensures I'm getting a PK80? Alright this sounds good, btw do you know anything about the bullet train electric start engine kit that I mentioned earlier provided a link.
There is a new electric start kit from zlin or something like that and it seems to be getting very positive reviews....
I know of two people who bought one and both are very pleased.
Internals look much better. From all reports they run great!
Only drawbacks I see are a MUCH wider motor, and that stock battery box is just plain buttbone ugly down under the cranks.

bluck

May 2, 2016
California
Dude thanks so much! I've been trying to get information about the bullet train by using the search function here and google (even sent bike berry a question and they never responded). It looks so different than the standard 2 stroke even though it is a 2 stroke so I was just curious if there was anything else besides the electric start. I do not feel like messing with my bicycle pedals in order to make a wide motor fit so I guess its out of the question. Electric start on my bicycle would be pretty awesome though.

MotoredLife.com

Apr 4, 2016
IL
The PK-80s from BEKits.com are the best ive seen. i use them on every bike i build. the newest versions have HD 8mm mounting studs wider front mount seat and all new chrome hex bolts.