Cycletruck I Won't Be Motorizing

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I love my Roadmaster cycletruck with the Whizzer motor, and I've seen Schwinns with Whizzer motors but they had to put the motor where the sign goes.
I've had a Schwinn cycletruck for decades but just recently wanted to assemble it for some show & tell at Donut Derelicts. My friend, Harold, that I worked with for years at Acme Auto Parts restored a real nice one years ago. He eventually lost interest and sold it without the sign. A few years ago he gave me the sign and I fit it to my cycletruck. So this one won't get a motor. I did add a paperboy rack and Coke crate just for fun.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I usually make it a policy to never photo bomb someones thread, but since you are the OP of this thread and asking to see it I'll dig up a photo.
Pat

Reactions: indian22

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Here are a couple pics of my brother Rich's cycle truck. It has a GX160. We custom built the frame using a Worksman lugged head tube and a standard Flyer down tube rolled forward. Fork and kickstand are also standard Worksman. He so tortured me over the design of this frame. Bet I drew it ten different ways but he pushed it through. I still have all the parts for one more and may stuff one of my electric v-twin motors into it.

Sportsman Cycle Truck by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

1st Annual Fly-in by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Reactions: indian22 and msrfan

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks MSR fan for sharing your "delivery" bikes & encouraging Pat to share his brothers Sports/Work man. When I saw the wooden Coke crate mounted on the Acme bike I immediately thought of the wooden "powder" case mounted on the Sportsman.. . as an ex "powder monkey" I've blown many thousands of pounds of the various Hercules/Dupont etc. hi-explosive products a lifetime ago & have the hearing loss to prove it! Little touches of historical interest help make builds like these stand out in an Old guys memory. I've also stacked many of those old wooden "pop" cases filled with empty "return deposit bottles" in the neighborhood grocers after elementary school classes. All the bikes shown are special! Rick C.

Reactions: msrfan

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I love it. Great looking bike. I like the factory stock stuff, but the custom bikes are so much more awesome. Specially when you add an engine. I took mine to Donut Derelicts filled with old auto parts,spark plugs, tools and related items. The older hot rodders new what it all was and really enjoyed seeing the vintage things. The younger guys had no clue and it was fun explaining it to them. Most of the people thought cargo bikes were something recently invented, so they learned a lot. As far as playing with explosives, well I'll take your word it was fun.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It was a job and a different time & being young a lot of things were fun, but still extremely dangerous. What was fifty years ago is unthinkable in today's society.