Cvt Rack Mount

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jchappy, Hate To Admit, Am About 325 Lbs, And 5 Ft 14.5 In Tall. It Hauls Me Around Superbly. Was Going To Buy "the Scooter Guy" Mount, But Did Not Want To Drill Holes In The Frame. Don`t Know If He Even Shows That Mount Any More. Am Very Happy With The Performance. The Highest Speed So Far Is 32 Mph With My Gps Street Pilot, Very Accurate. When My F150 Shows 71 Mph On The Interstate Hiway The Gps Reads 70 Mph. When Looking Down At The Cheap Front Wheel At 32 Mph, I Get Very Nervous!! Too Fast For Me. It Cruises Very Nice In 5th Gear, The Chains Rub Each Other In 6th At This Time. Need To Correct That. My Next Mount Will Have Thick Wall Alum Tubes Welded Into The Frame For Bolting The Mount Plate. It Will Look Much Neater And Less Bulky, bought the tubes months ago, for 2 builds. Most Of My Builds Are Proto Type Of Sort. Never Worry About Looks On The First Attempt. The Same Setup With The Harbor Frieght 52cc Water Pump Motor Would Be Nice And It Has The Bottom Fuel Tank. my friend had a 35cc robin on his cvt and switched to the 52cc and has a big smile now. The Titan With The Top Tank Is No Problem And The Motor Weight In Not Noticeabile. Very Fun Ride, Love The Gears! But I Love My Cvt`s Also. The Cranks, Bottom Bracket Shaft, Freewheel Adapter And Bottom Sprockets Are From My Unused Sbp Shift Kit, Also The Seat Post Chain Guide. They Sell The Parts Separetly. With The Rope Starter I Think The Cheaper Free Wheel Adapter Is Fine. Really Like My Thumb Throttle With All The Shifting. will post better pic`s some day. Ron .cvlt1

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hummmm...a 2 stroke that dosn't leak,drip or weep,...are u puttin' oil in the gas???
I is Corgi! lol Put news paper under it at night. Sumtin' gosta be wrong. Not even out of the muffler dripping. (break-in)

Ron, awesome thread and as always, sorry for the rambling an' OT (we both know I am just gonna do it again, snork) Sent a link to this thread to 2 folks today. Awesome work Buddy

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
you owe me pics Ron! new helper/mate!? she is a hottie huh?

lol at 3 stroke. Would just make me run out of hands

Dirt bag

Mar 15, 2010
elberta al
NEAT TIMES, Ron, I've been reading your post, very interesting. I'm brand new to motorized bikes, I live in Elberta Al. I wonder if it would be possible to meet you and see your projects up close? If so give me a call 251 979 8313 thanks, Steve

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Steve, Yes I Did Send You A Pm. Was Having Trouble With My Lazer Mouse, After I Spilled Coffee On It! Coming Over On A Week Day Is Best For Me Also. We Can Ride The Cvt`s And Shifter Bike, Need A Nice Day With Out Rain. Have You Learned How To Send Pm`s Yet? There Are A Few Things To Learn As A Newbie. By The Way, Welcome To The Forum! It`s As Important As The Engine!! RON .cvlt1

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Im really liking your setups!!!
Its kind of what I want to do. If I may ask, what grade of metal did you use for it. Specially for the base of the motor? And lastly, what was the lenght of the metal bars that hold up the motor? That info would really help me with my build.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
JRO, WENT TO LOCAL SHEET METAL SHOP AND PICKED CUT OFF 1/4" THICK PLATE ALUMINUM. GO WITH THE SMOOTH PLATE, NOT THE SKID PLATE PATTERN. I WILL HAVE TO RE-MEASURE MY PLATES. THE SHEET METAL SHOP SHEARS TO SIZE AND BENDS THEM FOR ME, USUALLY FOR ABOUT $15. EACH. THE BRACES/SUPPORTS ARE 1/4" X 3/4" OR 1" ABOUT 17 " LONG. I WOULD NOT USE THE SLOTED BRACES AGAIN, HARD TO KEEP THE CHAIR TIGHT. GO WITH A SPRING LOADED CHAIN TENSIONER, EASY TO MAKE WITH A REAR DERAILER WHEEL AND A PIECE OF THE BRACE MATERIAL. I HAVE THE SHEET METAL SHOP SHEAR ME THE BRACES FROM CUT OFF`S, EXTRA LONG FOR TENSIONER`S ETC. OH, I JUST REMEMBERED, I POSTED A FEW MONTHS AGO, I WOULD NOT MAKE MY OWN MOUNTS AGAIN!! I BOUGHT 2 COMPLETE REAR ENGINE MOUNT`S FROM "bicycle-engines.com" FOR 49.99 EACH. IN MY OPINION THEY ARE A GREAT BARGAIN. THEY COME WITH TWO SETS OF ADJUSTABLE LEGS/SUPPORTS. NOW YOU WILL NOT NEED THE SPRING CHAIN TENSIONER. YOU CAN FLIP IT OVER FOR RIGHT HAND DRIVE. CAN DO MINOR MOD`S FOR DIFFERENT COMBO`S. THEIR MOUNT WILL LOOK MUCH BETTER IF YOU EVER SELL YOUR BUILD`S. IN MHO IT WILL BE CHEAPER, MUCH EASIER AND BETTER. I CHECKED THEIR WEB SITE A FEW MINUTES AGO. GO TO THEIR "4 STROKE PARTS" IT SHOWS THE TITAN MOTOR ON THE MOUNT, THEY ARE NOT SHOWING THE PRICE. WHEN YOU CONTACT THEM, ASK IF THEY STILL INCLUDE THE TWO SETS OF (4 SUPPORTS AND ALL THE ORIGINAL EXTRA ATTACHMENTS). REMEMBER TO ORDER OVER $100. FOR FREE SHIPPING. HOPE THIS HELPS. RON .cvlt1

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jrol, I Just Looked At "bicycle-engines.com" Again, They Have Changed The Mount Support Legs, I Don`t Like Them As Much As The Others. They May Have The Old Style Still Available!!?? I Will Dig Them Out And Post Pics. THE MOUNT IS UPSIDE DOWN, THE V SHAPED LEG BRACES, I RECEIVED 4 COMPLETE V BRACES WITH EACH MOUNT ( THATS A TOTAL OF 8 LEGS AND 4 V BRACKETS THAT THE LEGS BOLT TO, WITH EACH MOUNT KIT) IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT, THERE IS 4 ADJUSTABLE LINKS THAT GO TO THE SEAT POST WITH EACH MOUNT KIT. IT WAS A LOT MORE PARTS THAN I EXPECTED FOR 49.99. I THINK THEY ARE A LARGE COMPANY AND SELL A LOT MORE THAN MOTOR BIKE STUFF. Ron IF ANY AH COMPLAINS ABOUT THE CAPS, I WILL DELETE THE POST!!! RON

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
dan, quit picking on me! lol. always type in caps and the site converts it when you post!! (MOST OF THE TIME! LOL). i always forget, when you edit a post, that is not the case. i`m going to eat a can of worm`s, nobody likes me!! I think Carrol types your post`s!! he he

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
snork Ron.

Side note, we were just talking about how I have to reread this whole thread. Working on a CVT build and I think I got the math wrong. Not the first time!

Thanks again for sharing all your hard work. I am sure I speak for many.

(She laughed when I read your last post to her. Dun give Lucy no ideas Fred!)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan, Going To Install A Dual Brake Lever And Thumb Throttle Combo On The Titan Cvt. The Cheapo Finger Throttle Ruined A Throttle Cable Already. The Thumb Throttle Is So Smooth On My Diy Shifter Bike. Ron