Constantly getting flats pkease help.

GoldenMotor.com

fdnjj6

Aug 17, 2019
I got abflat after many hundred miles and Walmart's Bell tires are the only ones that are the right size. For some reason I keep getting slash type flats. I went through 3 tubes within a week and 2 were in the matter of 1 day. The last one which went flat the quickest was where I was 99% sure it was seated properly. It had no bulge and was relatively uniform when I spun the wheel. I put the tube in the tire and then put one bead in the rim, then put the other bead on with the inner tube inside the tire. Is Bell just a crappy brand or why do I keep getting flats so quickly. The rim and tire look like they are in great shape.

Attachments

fdnjj6

Aug 17, 2019
Do I maybe need more psi? I run them from 30-40. I'm 135 lbs and have a heavy bike plus the engine. Are there any lubricants you're maybe supposed to put between the inner tube and rim? I'm seriously just lost as to why this happens. I go at speeds of 40mph max and corner pretty hard often. Are the tubes just not ment for that?

fdnjj6

Aug 17, 2019
The rim tape covering the spokes was cockeyed and scored the inner tube eventually causing a slash type cut. Rear tire is fine now.