cns v3 carb air filter

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
looking for a new air filter for my cns v3 carb, mine vibrated off during a top speed run and is gone forever lol

i saw on sbp web site they have a 90 deg but it states that it will not fit the v3 only older models ... where is a good place to buy a k&n style filter for the cns v3 ?

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I wonder if you could make a hot rod PCV air filter from a local autoparts store work? Just hose clamp it to the inlet.......

Just a thought.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I went out and measured the filter on my V3. This is the closest that I could find to the correct size. The interior throat where it clamps on the carb is the correct size. The total diameter and length are bigger on this filter. Best I could come up with (it is quite pricey, though). Original's diameter at the large end is 3.4", diameter at the small end is 2.0", total length is 2.0"

Good luck!

http://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...2kGt334euqe6HjHT58QZm20bHfnJsJfZua70HxcxBDA==

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I went out and measured the filter on my V3. This is the closest that I could find to the correct size. The interior throat where it clamps on the carb is the correct size. The total diameter and length are bigger on this filter. Best I could come up with (it is quite pricey, though). Original's diameter at the large end is 3.4", diameter at the small end is 2.0", total length is 2.0"

Good luck!

http://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...2kGt334euqe6HjHT58QZm20bHfnJsJfZua70HxcxBDA==

i actualy found one that works for 10$ at lowes. it goes to a brigs 5 horse! its the stock replacement filter, all you do is use the rubber from the original cns v3 filter by sliding it on the carb first then the brigs one slides over that nice and snug ! its a bit longer but of you still have the rubber from the cns filter it works good ! just use the rubber as a spacer on the carb and the brigs fits right over it nice.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
There might be some confusion about a V1, 2 or 3. The one pictured here is what we consider a V1 and the 90 degree will fit it. The newer CNS carbs have a red plastic filter and mounts filters like a stock NT and any of our NT filters willl work with those CNS carbs. To be sure just shoot me an email with a photo of your carb and I can tell you which ones will fit.

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
There might be some confusion about a V1, 2 or 3. The one pictured here is what we consider a V1 and the 90 degree will fit it. The newer CNS carbs have a red plastic filter and mounts filters like a stock NT and any of our NT filters willl work with those CNS carbs. To be sure just shoot me an email with a photo of your carb and I can tell you which ones will fit.
lol i thought thia was the V3 ???

i have a 2012 grubee gt5 and this carb came stock

so the cns with the blue air filter K&N style is the V1 ? if this is the case then i have the V1 and it came stock on my 2012 gt5

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Yes, if it has the clamp on (K&N) style air filter we consider it a V1 because it was the first version of the CNS carb we saw supplied with the Chinese 2 stroke.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Yes, if it has the clamp on (K&N) style air filter we consider it a V1 because it was the first version of the CNS carb we saw supplied with the Chinese 2 stroke.
interesting i always thought it was the v3 because it came with a 2012 kit, and older kits had a differant version .

why is it that the v 1 is a lot better than the other versions lol you would think the v3 would be better than the v1 but nope the v 1 has a k$n style filter and is fully tuneable ! all you have to do is pull off a lil brass cap and boom a fully tuneable carb.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
It is my understanding that all the CNS carbs are pretty much the same except for the casting where the air filter is. The older ones have the clamp on K&N style and newer ones use basically the same bolt on air filter as the NT carbs. Here is a photo of the newer CNS.

Attachments