Clutch Slipping

GoldenMotor.com

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
LargeGear.JPG

Okay, got the gear puller. Now the keys are on the shaft. So it seems that I will have to pull the LARGE gear first to get a look at it. Do I have to pull the smaller sprocket assembly on the other side...to get the larger gear out first ?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
nope, each end will come off by itself (a 4.5mm allen wrench dropped thru chain on drive sprocket can keep shaft from turning while you work)

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
Well, just discovered sometin: Apparently, there is some kind of concave indentation on the tip of the bucking bar. A Bikeberry vid suggests it might be the issue. Problem is, that although the bucking bar came out....the ball bearing didn't. So to be on the safe side, I'll order both of these parts. In the meantime, I'll try and get hold of a steel rod...and cut it with those dimensions.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
there is often a dent on the end of bar at the ball side (possibly to center ball???)

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
Some Tube vids say that this kind of bucking bar indentation wear is fairly common....and the source of engagement problems. Hope the replacement part works, cuz I really loathe having to take out the clutch shaft assembly...as would anyone else with an engine of only a few hundred miles usage.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I suspect you are getting way off the beam here - except for one bucking bar that shattered like glass (due to bad heat treat or something), they are too simple to fail some are long, some short, but all seem to work just fine once everything is together and adjusted.

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana
Is the tiny ball bearing, or so called: 'Clutch Actuator Bearing' suppose to come out along with the Bucking Bar ? And if not......then WHY ??

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it gets stuck in old grease sometimes - usually comes out by sticking a rotor magnet on end of bar, but I sometimes have to stick a tiny jeweler's screwdriver in there to clean all around the ball before putting bar & magnet in ti pull it out

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it has VERY fine threads - clean threads on both clutch and tool well and take out inner tool bolt so it doesn't hit bottom before you're ready

I often turn it backwards in place a bit to be sure it is properly aligned before trying to thread it in.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Is the tiny ball bearing, or so called: 'Clutch Actuator Bearing' suppose to come out along with the Bucking Bar ? And if not......then WHY ??
it gets stuck in old grease sometimes - usually comes out by sticking a rotor magnet on end of bar, but I sometimes have to stick a tiny jeweler's screwdriver in there to clean all around the ball before putting bar & magnet in ti pull it out
I've always used the blower hooked to my air compressor --- it's always came out that way. Just be sure to hold your hand over the opening so the ball doesn't shoot across the garage!