Clutch problems maybe??

GoldenMotor.com

matt320lbsonzeda80

Jun 1, 2023
So I bought a zeda 80 firestorm and got it all installed about 3 weeks ago. Have been riding it 10 miles a day to work and back and I'm 320lbs. Today I got on it to go to work and about 5 minutes into the ride, I noticed some clunking and it felt like the chain was slapping. It's not though. I checked the tensioner. It's good. Still, it seems like its about to sling the chain. I had to go to work so I couldn't tear into it but I'm worried the clutch maybe toast because of my weight. Any suggestions?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
A larger sprocket to help it out with a kit or 2 to rebuild the clutch... Your going to be hard on it whatever you do... Maybe a smaller wheel would help also... There's heavy duty springs you can get on eBay from cafe motor racer... DLH performance has a a budget SAF and a complete clutch up grade also... The green PVC pads have good reviews JRL on Amazon... I'm 240 and have threads on here for the same reason...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
This sounds like chain stretch to me, some of the chains supplied with kits are very low quality. When the chain stretches it rides up on the sprockets and pops when it drops back into the teeth.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
This sounds like chain stretch to me, some of the chains supplied with kits are very low quality. When the chain stretches it rides up on the sprockets and pops when it drops back into the teeth.
Some... LOL... kit chains... Get a quality chain... a CNC sprocket and hub adapter to fit your hub... 48t and there are larger ones for us bigger boned guys ;)

Attachments