Clutch cable

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Not sure how to explain this but I have to push clutch all the way in for back wheel to spin there is very little play I mean all the way in can I get some feedback how to fix this? And thanks other than that that bikes running great

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I can't really take a picture It is not a problem at the moment it's just I have to squeeze clutch all the way in and then some to pedal other wise the wheel does not turn
My point is that maybe your clutch cable might be too twisted & not allowing the clutch to activate properly... or maybe there's some other problem that someone here can easily spot in a picture... But it's extremely hard to diagnose just from your vague original post. :(

Anyways... I hope someone else here (who's better at reading minds through the internet) will jump in & figure out the problem for you... (without the help of pictures).... Good luck! (^)

Reactions: daveet6666

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
My point is that maybe your clutch cable might be too twisted & not allowing the clutch to activate properly... or maybe there's some other problem that someone here can easily spot in a picture... But it's extremely hard to diagnose just from your vague original post. :(

Anyways... I hope someone else here (who's better at reading minds through the internet) will jump in & figure out the problem for you... (without the help of pictures).... Good luck! (^)
We messaged at the same time iam not mechanically inclined but getting better appreciate you trying to read my mind but like I said I didn't know how to explain it

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We messaged at the same time iam not mechanically inclined but getting better appreciate you trying to read my mind but like I said I didn't know how to explain it
OK... now I might be able to help you!

Release the locking lever on the clutch lever (so the main lever is all the way out).... Then adjust all the slack out of the cable.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
The link works Norm, but is 12yrs old and the photos are gone and so is poor KC.
Somebody with time and patience should rework GearNut's how to thread with photo's.
Then again. these days there are YouTube's for just about anything.

Tom

Reactions: Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The link works Norm, but is 12yrs old and the photos are gone and so is poor KC.
Somebody with time and patience should rework GearNut's how to thread with photo's.
Then again. these days there are YouTube's for just about anything.

Tom
Welp... If he searches a little more ... he'll find plenty more info on clutch cable adjustment. ;)

Reactions: daveet6666

Mossy

May 20, 2022
how do I do that maybe have to get a new cable cause all the nuts are adjusted all the way out
You can shorten the cable jacket to get more length out of the cable and put a new end on it... Start fresh with the nuts all the way in then pull the cable tight making sure the ends fit into the pockets then get it together and lock it down... Have a friend hold the cable with plyers as you lock it down... You should feel the slightest bit of tension on it

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I have it locked on last slot the back wheel will not turn is it my cable or clutch and how do I fix it
Those kind of clutch levers are total junk and either won't allow the clutch to completely disengage or you have to hold it in to get it there... The type with the locking button is going to open up the clutch more and keep it there and work like it should...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022

Sorry I'm late... It's been a long weekend :crash: