Clutch cable/adjustment issues

GoldenMotor.com

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I have a china motor and I have the clutch cable adjusted so there is no play in it. when the bike is running if I lock the clutch in with the button it still wants to go somewhat, is this normal. If I pull it in by hand all the way the clutch seems to disengage completely. I know my first thought is just tighten it a bit more but I'm worried if I go to much the clutch won't engage completely and it will burn it up. Is this a problem, do I need to adjust the clutch its self or tighten the cable even more.

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Re: How do you port and polish

You need to get a different cable . You can use a Brake cable for Bikes. It will have less give and will fully disingage your engine from drive train

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
It`s really not a problem...It`s just that the lever/button won`t pull in as far as you can with your hand.....Won`t really hurt anything as long as it doesn`t pull the bike hard....Mine pulls a little,like on the stand with wheel off the ground it spins, but on the ground I can`t really tell....JMO...
Paul...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Stuart is right. It won't hurt anything but it can be a bother. You can adjust your clutch cable a bit tighter to get rid of the problem just don't get too aggressive with the tension. My bike will not pull itself but there is a difference in RPMs when I'm at a stop sign with the clutch lock engaged and idling. After some time you might need to re adjust because of cable stretch. Enjoy and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.
Tom

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you might be able to adjust the star nut about 1/2 turn or 1/4 turn to get it where the clutch lever when pulled in and resting on the clutch disengagement pin will not spin the rear tire/ no clutch drag at all. Play with the star nut it some times will be your friend don't forget to reinstall the very small hateful little set screw and a dab of lictite or steal the ol ladies finger nail polish and dab a little on the screw, heck a nice set of fresh polished nails will really impress your buddies or they might steer clear of you for a while who knows!laff
Norman

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
you might be able to adjust the star nut about 1/2 turn or 1/4 turn to get it where the clutch lever when pulled in and resting on the clutch disengagement pin will not spin the rear tire/ no clutch drag at all. Play with the star nut it some times will be your friend don't forget to reinstall the very small hateful little set screw and a dab of lictite or steal the ol ladies finger nail polish and dab a little on the screw, heck a nice set of fresh polished nails will really impress your buddies or they might steer clear of you for a while who knows!laff
Norman
Norman,
"Lictite" I've never used it but it sounds kinda sexy.
Tom

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
oooooooooppppppppppppppsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't spell check that one it does sound kinky and nasty,,,,,,,,, I like it.
A new product" lictite" the more you lick it, the more they like it.
need an evil grin thingy.
Norman

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
What they all said. Pretty much normal. You might try adjusting the star nut a bit if it's dragging too much. Go one notch at a time.

yendorrodney88

May 5, 2010
campbelltown nsw australia
Hi how you going gentlemen and the like,(shake hands)don't worry about the grease!I recently bought a used bike on e-bay for $40,done a few repairs and got ot up to scratch,I got a motor 66cc but it doesn't have a brand name on it,anyway i've been using different sites as it has no installation instructions and nearly have it ready to start.my main concern is the clutch(arm)etc i'm not 100% if I have it right,anyway nice to meet you'se all,appreciate any info yendorrodney88