Clutch adjusts in time?

GoldenMotor.com

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
This is not really a problem, but, I just wonder that it may lead to engine failure due to this gradual adjustment in clutch.

I am using my motorized bike for almost a month (thanks to Mr. Kioshk / Mr. Tyler's help) and find out that the clutch requires to be pulled even harder to disengaged compare to the first 3 weeks I am using it. Does using my motorized bike for long time adjusts the clutch? I am pertaining to the inner part of the engine where clutch has spring inside and needed to adjust etc. etc. ..

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
It shouldn't be any harder to pull as the spring doesn't get stronger over time. I'm guessing the problem might be your clutch cable is sticky inside the sheath. A good idea is to lubricate the inner cable with a light grease or heavy oil. It doesn't need too much but you need to remove the inner cable from the outer cover so you can easily lubricate the entire length. Also check your cable routing for binding points.

And your cable may have stretched a bit so you have to depress your hand lever further.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
one can take cable loose from hand lever some evening and using a plastic bag with a small hole in bottom, the cable can be put through hole and a rubber band tightened around bag where cable and hole are

put some light oil in bag and hang it so bag is higher than rest of cable - in the morning, the oil will have run down throughout the whole length of the cable

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
Thanks for the reply, I see. I know there are lots of instructions how to get to that clutch part inside the engine but it will take me so much of my time.

Thanks again! I'll try to reroute and lubricate my wire/cable.

motortime

Dec 26, 2016
Dubai, U.A.E.
thanks!. ..the reroute works!. ..I made much of a loop that leads the cable to be pulled a little. now it is fine. ..I can disengaged with minimal press on my lever now. ..