Clutch actuator arm issue

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Bauer

Jun 10, 2017
Hey guys I have a quick ? I have an 80cc flying horse with 5 tanks ran through it. Recently I noticed my actuator arm wasnt releasing its self. Could this be due to the shaft of the arm wearing down? Thanks....

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you mean that after pulling clutch the arm on top of the drive cover doesn't return, then you are probably just pulling it too far because your clutch and cable aren't adjusted properly (note: this may sometimes happen if you lose the ball bearing inside the shaft where bucking bar sticks out) - also, a large glob of grease in bucking bar hole and clutch arm cam helps

Mike Bauer

Jun 10, 2017
I dont blieve i lost the bearing since i havent had the cover off unless the manufacturer never placed it in there. Worked great for the last month. Just started recently. Only way i can get it to engage and disengage is to pull the clutch in slightly. I cant pull it in all the way or it wont retract back. Ill pull the cover off and check the bar and bearing though. I could post a short vid of the actuator arm and show ya what im talkin about.. thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
when you adjust the clutch, the flower nut will make the at-rest position of the arm different

read up on the correct adjust steps for cable/clutch

Mike Bauer

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks man im readin up on that right now.. appreciate u takin the time to help me out. My first bike build and it actually wasnt to painfull..lol