Check out Sondors new eMotorcycle, the Metacycle

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
8000w PMAC hub motor with 14500w peak. 80 mph top speed. 4Kw 72v battery. 200 lb weight. 31.5" seat height. $5000 plus tax & shipping

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What is the range? I know it varies with the speed you travel.
The claim is 80 miles range, but 50 miles is probably more realistic, and less than that on the highway. These are the claims on specs, 72v, 4000Wh battery. 200 lb weight. 31.5" seat height, 8000w PMAC motor with 14,500w peak. $5000 plus taxes, and shipping.

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The rear hub motor design seems to give it a simple, really uncluttered appearance.
-its clearly a motorcycle, but resembles an e-bike in some ways.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The rear hub motor design seems to give it a simple, really uncluttered appearance.
-its clearly a motorcycle, but resembles an e-bike in some ways.
I agree, I think it looks great. It's probably the best looking eMotorcycle I've seen. So far I haven't been impressed with hardly any eBike/eMotorcycles I know of, at least any that a normal person could afford, and that includes my Stealth. When I first removed my Stealth from the crate I was a underwhelmed by the looks. After 7 years and hundreds of appearance upgrades it's now a lot better, but lets just say I got it from a 5 up to about a 7 1/2. I give this new Metacycle a tenative 9 or 10 for looks.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Both the Metacycle and the Stealth look so much better than most e-motorcycles.
-I find myself on the fence between e-bikes and e-motorcycles. Maybe, as a compromise, I need one of those street legal e-bikes where I can flip the switch to "off road" mode for more power and speed.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Both the Metacycle and the Stealth look so much better than most e-motorcycles.
-I find myself on the fence between e-bikes and e-motorcycles. Maybe, as a compromise, I need one of those street legal e-bikes where I can flip the switch to "off road" mode for more power and speed.
I don't really see myself ever buying one of these, because where I live in Dallas no one cares about me riding my bike around unregistered on the street. I can already keep up with traffic, and I don't need to get on the highway. As it is I can still ride responsibly on city bike trails, so my Stealth nicely straddles the fence between eBike and motorcycle. For people living in parts of the country where the laws are more strictly enforced, the ability to ride on a highway is a decent tradeoff, so in those areas the Metacycle is going to be a hot seller in my opinion.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I mainly just dont want to lose the ability to ride sidewalks and bike paths responsibly, as you said. I care a lot more about sidewalks and paths than riding these crazy freeways.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I feel the same way. After I my last China girl back in 2011, I moved on to a tomos moped in 2012 because I wanted something a little more dependable than those junk piles. After a few performance mods it was a really nice upgrade over a china girl, so I thought. I didn't realize how limiting it would be after getting it registered. With a license plate I wasn't able to ride the trails anymore. I rode it for a year until I found out about the Stealth. That was the end of that.
Black Sheep.jpg