Champion Plugs

GoldenMotor.com

ezrider

May 18, 2016
Indiana

Heard some good reviews of the Champion CJ7Y low profile spark plug. Thinking of getting a Champion EZ Start Spark Plug replacement. Should I be worried that some of these brand name plugs maybe too hot for a 2 stroke ??

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I'm more interested in if this would even protrude through the head all the way. We have some decent size plugs this might cause some other problems as well with the size.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I've used both plug and terminal. Plug worked for low power use but wasn't as good as NGK on a more powerful motor.

Steve

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Anyone ever use these types of locking crimp plug terminals ? Gotta secure everything to the max.

_
That's the only type of plug boot I use and the one I'm constantly recommending here. If you really want to be anal about "securing everything" do what I do and solder the plug wire's conductor to the metal connector. You'll have a electrical connection that you'll never have to worry about again. Too bad the other end at the CDI doesn't lend itself to soldering too.

As for Champion plugs, I've used, and had good luck with a Champion 811 or L82C plug. I couldn't tell any difference between it and the more commonly favored NGK.
As for a 'Low Profile' or a 'shorty' plug I've used an Autolite 2976 where frame clearance was a problem. It too performed well.

Tom

Last edited: