centrifugal clutch

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Bob Mac 18704, Sep 2, 2010.

1. dmpatanis

dmpatanis New Member

#21 dmpatanis, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

Cool, where'd you find that?

Nice vids Patani, but he never really shows how he get's it going, so its hard to say. With a centrifical you normally have to have a pull start. How does he start it?

3. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Some of the centrifugal clutches have a spring on them that wraps around the shaft. Is acts like a one way clutch and allows you to bump start the engine.
    Some folks have no problems with them. I do not trust the thing and removed my centrifugal clutch completely.

4. Bob Mac 18704

Bob Mac 18704 New Member

scratg I found the twist grip clutch on e-bay from boygofast item# 170412014860. As for starting the motor. You either bump start it with the regular clutch or you need the pull start. Like I said in my other post the pull start is not mandatory. What I think you guys are overlooking is the old clutchpack is still in the motor. The centrifugal clutch is in addition to the clutch.

5. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

No overlooking here. I still have my old centi. clutch but much prefer the manual clutch.

6. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

ah cool, I didn't know you could still bump start a centri. Yea you want to go easy on that little spring, heh heh. That ebay auction was kapoots, but I'll keep my eyes open for another though, thanks guys!