CDH66 Pipe Worth the Mun-ez?

GoldenMotor.com

Chad_Broski

Feb 2, 2022
somewhere
So I am obviously going to be getting an expansion chamber soon (any sane person would) for my 2-stroke 69cc engine. What I would like to know is as follows: Is the CDH66 (A.K.A. MZ65 Clone) expansion chamber worth the time, money, and effort to buy/install? I ahve seen others express very mixed feeling about this particular pipe, and I would like some of your feedback!

s-l500.jpg

Negative reviews:
Avoid the banana style and the zeda88/cdh66 pipes, they either add minimal to no power (banana) or add very little power for the money (zeda88/cdh66)
Zeda88/cdh66 (looks like an mz65 but its far skinnier and the header is all wrong)
- extremeodd

the MZ65 will serve you well without the exorbitant cost of a converted dirtbike pipe($170-$200+!)...just make sure its a REAL one and not the zeda/cdh66 knockoff which is much smaller and much worse performance.
- FNTPuck

Don't get cheated and buy the cheaper [CDH66] that almost looks the same [as the MZ65]
- CrazyDan

Positive reviews:
Cdh66 and zeda88 are the same and work.
MZ65 is the best of them .
Cdh and Zeda are more low to mid pipes, you can tell by the long header length.
MZ65 is a top end pipe.
- Spare_Parts

just got 2 .. one for mine and one for my sons … WOW what a difference in POWER - NIGHT AND DAY
- Megaphone

Theirs a night and day difference in performance you can see, especially in acceleration, in the sweet spot range of the motor
- LA Hover Bikes

Chad_Broski

Feb 2, 2022
somewhere
Might of been a good idea, but a little to late, already got the MZ65 clone, lol. Does this pipe help in top end speed or low end torque? RN I am not looking for high speeds, anything above 35mph is fast enough, I just want the torque cuz the hill are just horrible where I live. Literally called “The Foothills”, and before our road was named after a local store, it was literally called “Rolling Hills Road” XD (unless my dad was pulling my leg or something) Had to get the pipe bend with a torch cuz it was hitting the frame, so now I will have to repaint it. Also, the exhaust comes out pretty far from the frame now, since it was bent, so it now brushes up against my leg in multiple spots. Any suggestions on how to keep myself from being burnt? I know the exhaust you recommend seem like it would have a similar problem, so you may be able to help me. Thanks for the advice! (supposing you will provide more)

Reactions: Testname111

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Chad I have three of this type pipe from different vendors, one is a CDHpower pipe. All three help low end torque and improve top end power as well, plus they sound a lot better. The stinger or outlet is not the correct size according to Graham Bell, I made silencers for mine that have a outlet that is about 58-60% the size of the header pipe, they are not too loud and still run good. The weak point is the rear mount, it will break at the pipe due to vibration, I doubled mine on one, added a mount to the stinger on another and relocated the mount on the third.

Reactions: Chad_Broski