carberator option's

GoldenMotor.com

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
the OkO carb with the velocity stack anyone got any reviews on this, I made a blind choice with this carb #1 it looks like a holley but smaller, ok here's the deal my stock carberator having problems it bogs out at full throdell something new I guess, I got the 66cc with bolt on **** like the hi compression head low profile style, and the F2 exahust but running the stock carb think the O.K.O hi performance carb will make a difference an what's with the modifying the intake part any body got any tippers for his upgrade, don't like going on blind

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It's hard to tell exactly whats going on with your stock carb from just reading this.
From my experience, the stock carbs 'can' work better than all the other aftermarket carbs (of the same size).

Try this test on your stock carb... Remove the air filter & ride it around a few miles.

Tell us if it runs better (or worse) without the air filter??

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Today should be interesting, I've bought another 21mm pwk and I've installed it on the rebuild gt6 work bike, looks pretty sick and I haven't fired it up yet its 530 in the morning and I'm waiting for sunrise to finish up on the fuel line and tuning the carb ,took about 3months to figure out how to tune the carb correctly details so far running a #41 pilot and a 115main jet rather start with a larger jet and adjust the neadle clip up lean it some it's large jet so its gonna run rich but the clip placement should compensate for that ,this set up blows the doors off them fake ass rungtong carbs and the the stock n.t. carbs ,I don't get how some swear them rungtong carbs are the **** but ,their non adjustable only the main jet is interchangeable it's garbage hands down, if this carb performs as good as the other one I'll be WINNING, come on daylight I'll post pictures in a few

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It's hard to tell exactly whats going on with your stock carb from just reading this.
From my experience, the stock carbs 'can' work better than all the other aftermarket carbs (of the same size).

Try this test on your stock carb... Remove the air filter & ride it around a few miles.

Tell us if it runs better (or worse) without the air filter??
Norm this is such a good common sense approach to diagnose carb performance. Thanks for sharing it should help those who actually listen to good advice!

Rick C.

Reactions: kelly dean

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Check this out the bike runs great with the pwk dosent bog and I have full throttle response looks clean and fits perfect
20191121_204910.jpg
20191121_204910.jpg
20191121_204900.jpg