Can someone recommend a good quality rear wheel?

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
The rear wheel on my bike has a high spot along where the caliper brakes grab the rim. If there's no way to smooth the high spot out, can someone recommend a good but not super expensive rim that has a 1.5" diameter hub? I have a hub mounted sprocket so I want to be able to use a hub mounted sprocket setup on the new wheel.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Quality Rear M/B wheel

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
OK. I also found one on amazon if I end up deciding to buy a whole new wheel. The current one's been abused for about the last 4 years lol. The one on amazon is about $76 with shipping. The brand is Flying Horse, which is the same one that's been on my bike. I'd like to get a better one but I'm on a super tight budget so for the time being do you guys think the one I posted below would do until I could afford a better rim?

This is the one I was looking at:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Man just build it yourself. Get a rim you like, measure it up, put in spoke calculator, order 12 or 11g spokes off aliexpress, gonna be around $25. And build it up. I would never spend $200 on a spoke wheel… maybe a nice moped mag rim but even those are cheaper, and take 17” moto tires.