cable ends

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I make my own cable ends by molding them out of babbit. or like for the throttle end out of phone wire by wrapping it and silver soldering it. here's a picture of some examples you can also lacking a mold or making a mold use brass rod or tubing to make assorted ends or use your imaginations Silver solder is best much, stronger that reg.solder. you will need a propane torch to use silver solder and another idea is when you cut the cable heal the end with a touch of silver solder it won't unravel on you or stick one of those nasty little wires in your finger..

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
When I need a throttle cable im gonna see if I cant grind down the standard cable end to fit. I use a brass cable keeper anyway on the top end of it anyway. I'm just not as handy as you norm.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Deacon
You need the cable end for the throttle? The part that goes in the carb?
Make it out of one strand of phone wire wrapped around the cable and silver solder it on.
Would a video work better to see how to make them? I could also do the big round end on the cable made out of brass or steel and silver soldered on. All I need is Bob to film it and he can figure out how to load it on this forum.
I could go through step by step on making a mold so you could pour a nice Babbitt end on. You let me know and anyone else can chime in as I can do the ends if Bob will film. The wife wants to visit the grandbaby and is taking all of the cameras so I will not be able to picture post anything for 2 weeks.
It will be a kinner production. rotfl
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
No I don't need one now. When I do I'm serious I'm just gonna grind away on a reqular cable end. But thanks anyway norm.