Business slogans I should not use

GoldenMotor.com

worst slogan ever

• If you liked our service, tell a friend. If not, lets just keep this our little secret.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • You'll only see us briefly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • we have it here, somewhere.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Wait, I got a better one

• We Love Your Package

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It us, or the US mail

• We won't ask questions if you don't.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • nut-uh. It was like that when we picked it up

• Total voters

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan,

Years ago when I was young enough to have a job I took the bus to work. I would catch the same bus every morning but the drivers changed every so often. One day there was a driver who wished everyone who got on a cheery good morning and off we went. As we got into downtown Vancouver he started muttering to himself rather loudly but you couldn't make out just what he was saying.

Finally he said out loud "They told me this morning what the other two pedals were for but I've forgotten now."

You could hear a pin drop for a few seconds as we glided up to a stop light with a line of traffic waiting and everyone bracing themselves for the coming crash.

Suddenly he brightened up as the cars in front of us got closer and said. Capital! That's it." and we stopped.

Yes, he was British.

Steve.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steve, that reminds me a the scene in the movie 'Stripes' when Bill Murry as a taxi driver says, "Maybe I shouldn't have drank all that cough medicine this morning" :)

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

I can see him saying that. Thank Heaven I wasn't in the back seat when he said it.

That's triggered another family memory.

My Dad ran the family lumber business with his older Brother in the early 1950's and he used to go to a northern Quebec town called La Sarre to buy lumber. Pop was fluent in French and they were a major supplier to the company. One time he was riding along in a cab from the train to the saw mill and it was the dead of winter. He said the snow banks were 8 feet high on either side and there was only room for one car.

Sure enough there was a car coming the other way and Dad's waiting for the taxi driver to try and pull over so they can both pass. Nope, the driver floors the taxi and roars up the side of the snow bank blasting his horn and screaming out the partially open window while shaking his fist at the offending, in his mind, driver who is doing the same in return.

Dad said the was the last thing he saw before he headed for the floor. When he realized that he was still alive he climbed back on the seat and the taxi driver seeing him reappear jerked his thumb in the general direction of the now receding driver and said in his best English "He's get excite".

Years later when Dad told that story he just shook his head in disbelief. He asked the mill owners to send someone down to pick him up after that.

Steve

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, the taxi thing. When I was a little kid I was staying with my Grand Parents in NYC. I overheard a conversation about how my GrandMother got in a taxi and asked to be taken to 5th and Park.

The driver turned around and said "Lady, I can take you to 5th ave but I don't have time to park"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last week, Carol's car had to go in the shop. So I drive her to work and promise to pick her up at 8, when she gets off.

An hr after dropping her off, I get a call to do a job from Hartford, CT to south Jersey. I completely forget I am supposed to pick her up and take the job. About an hr after that, it dawns on me and I call her. She is a trooper and not at all upset that I will be late picking her up. Traffic jams and an accident, getting pulled over for a bad Uturn and I am very late. I call twice and apologize profusely. She is not at all upset and very understanding, as always.

I finally get there at 12:45 to pick her up. As she gets in, I go to apologize again but what comes out of my mouth;

"so whats for dinner?"

She just laughed and back handed me on the arm.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Dan,

Only in N.Y. city could that happen.

I used to buy books from a great little book store in downtown Vancouver, now long gone, and the chap that owned it had just come back from N.Y.City where he was out hitting the pubs with friends. They all got into a cab as he stopped to look at something and off they went.

He looked up and of course they were getting into the cab and closing the door at that moment and he was able to hail a second cab and pointing at the cab pulling away told the driver to follow that car.

They finally pulled over and he went to pay the cabbie and the guy refused to take his money.

He said that he had been driving cab for twenty years and he'd been waiting all that time for someone to jump into his cab and say " Follow that car " and there was no way he would take his money.

His friends were a little surprised to find out he wasn't in the cab with them and they kept looking at the cab as it pulled away as if he should still be in it.

Only in N.Y.City.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dan,

Only in N.Y. city could that happen.

I used to buy books from a great little book store in downtown Vancouver, now long gone, and the chap that owned it had just come back from N.Y.City where he was out hitting the pubs with friends. They all got into a cab as he stopped to look at something and off they went.

He looked up and of course they were getting into the cab and closing the door at that moment and he was able to hail a second cab and pointing at the cab pulling away told the driver to follow that car.

They finally pulled over and he went to pay the cabbie and the guy refused to take his money.

He said that he had been driving cab for twenty years and he'd been waiting all that time for someone to jump into his cab and say " Follow that car " and there was no way he would take his money.

His friends were a little surprised to find out he wasn't in the cab with them and they kept looking at the cab as it pulled away as if he should still be in it.

Only in N.Y.City.
LOL. I've always wanted to do that. In all my years I've never had the opportunity.
The only problem today is that most cabbies wouldn't get it. :(

Tom