Building a mono-shock frame to mount any size tire or engine.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by miked826, Jul 23, 2013.

1. miked826

miked826 New Member

Did you find my tank somewhere online and copy it already? LOL

I'll go to Willow with my machine if I can get a ride. Not sure if my bike is race ready with those knobby tires on it though. It can get real squirrely if leaned over too far.

2. miked826

miked826 New Member

Just tell me the tank has a tunnel and that is doesn't mount on top of the top tube. That is the most important thing it can have.

My WWII bike is for sale on Craigslist but I'm sure I'll still be owning it by the time Willow rolls around.

3. miked826

miked826 New Member

I gots test tubes! Huge diameter monster truck roll cage tubes! The 42mm top tube is massive! Put some fins and a nose cone on it and you could fire it out of a bazooka. LMAO

Plenty of headroom for the GC160 and a tunnel tank laying over the top tube. The Felt Slater/MP frame is nearly a perfect motorized bicycle
    frame, but now it's my turn to add a few modifications to that design.

I'm just gonna make the triangle a bit taller actually. Nothing radical.

[​IMG]

#43 miked826, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. dmb

dmb Active Member

most long travel bikes have rollers and guides they kinda hide them [motor mount rollers are popular]. keeping the sprockets in line is the trick, that means axle adjusters. a cheep lazier helps alot. good luck dennis

5. miked826

miked826 New Member

Plus I have to deal with the pedal side chain, which no motorcycle has to take into account. Without a jackshaft, I'm going to have to deal with chains running at different angles on both sides of the bike. No biggy. I'll figure it out somehow. LOL