Brodie assembles another lost Excelsior BTR!

GoldenMotor.com

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
"...so I went upstairs and did some organising. Came downstairs with some boxes marked EXCELSIOR. So let's build a motorcyle with the parts I found lying around up there..."
Yup. Kinda thing that happens to me all the time. ... I wish!!!

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
He lives about 30 miles from me. I agree with going upstairs and finding boxes of Excelsior parts.

Steve
Can you imagine just having the where withall to have your own V-twin engines built from scratch?
Holy Wah ! Everything lined up on assembly, fit and finish the same. He could a built it with his eyes shut.

Tom

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Great YouTube video on that Excelsior V-twin motor scratch-build. Never thought I'd see anyone approach the creativity and skill level of motor guru Allen Millyard here in the UK, (check out his umpteen one-off engine builds in his YouTube vids) but Mr Brodie is definitely worth a mention in dispatches. That's one mighty impressive motor. Couldn't help notice the Excelsior boardie is for sale on his website. Hands up anyone with $139K burning a hole in their pocket. Worth every penny in my opinion. Paul's bike looks a whole lot better than the revived - and dare I say pug ugly - JAP v-twin they sell in tiny numbers here in the UK. My pockets aren't anywhere near so deep, so I've been waiting several years in anticipation of Royal Enfield's retro-looking V-twin concept to make it into production.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Great YouTube video on that Excelsior V-twin motor scratch-build. Never thought I'd see anyone approach the creativity and skill level of motor guru Allen Millyard here in the UK, (check out his umpteen one-off engine builds in his YouTube vids) but Mr Brodie is definitely worth a mention in dispatches. That's one mighty impressive motor. Couldn't help notice the Excelsior boardie is for sale on his website. Hands up anyone with $139K burning a hole in their pocket. Worth every penny in my opinion. Paul's bike looks a whole lot better than the revived - and dare I say pug ugly - JAP v-twin they sell in tiny numbers here in the UK. My pockets aren't anywhere near so deep, so I've been waiting several years in anticipation of Royal Enfield's retro-looking V-twin concept to make it into production.
I think they were only $100K ten years ago, should'a bought then!!!