Brake light switch

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrical' started by Lastknownwolf95, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Lastknownwolf95

Lastknownwolf95 New Member

I was wondering what do yall use to light your brakes lights I have tried to find something like a switch that attaches to your brake line or something the attaches to your handlebar
    What do you guys use?

2. breath_easy13

breath_easy13 Member

yo, working on the same gig man. actually just popped in to write up a new post. theres not much a bout building your own brake lever to brake light on the web, if there is its pretty difficult and seems unreliable. you can purchase one from a kit for an e bike but i havent figured out how to wire it to a 12 v -- for my set up. anyway, i was thinking of getting this kit, then sorta reverse engineering it, and building my own - higher quality, better lighting of course. But this kit shows the very basic idea of the brake cable to brake light. Ill keep you posted on my electrical adventure

https://www.amazon.com/XLX-Multifun...5SZB6H88N9Q&psc=1&refRID=PT3Z6Z66G5SZB6H88N9Q

3. breath_easy13

breath_easy13 Member

this forum has been a ghost town lately stay in touch

4. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

There has been discussions on this in the past. Some use a micro switch off like a garden tractor/lawn tractor, mounted on the bear brake cable. With something to activate the switch, when you hit the brakes. ........Curt

Tom from Rubicon likes this.
  5. breath_easy13

breath_easy13 Member

Tom from Rubicon likes this.
  6. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

Should be all you need, just read........Curt

7. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

8. FOG

FOG Well-Known Member

Here's a possibility;

https://www.ebay.com/i/282622160067...MIkL2rwuvE5wIVEcZkCh0CkQ-vEAQYBCABEgIzq_D_BwE

Lots of motorcycles have a switch on the front brake lever. How they might jive with a bicycle brake cable could be problematic tho.

Also, have ya got a multimeter? Some way of checking for continuity? Once you get your switches you'll need to figure out what wires get connected to what when you hit the switch.

Venice Motor Bikes likes this.
  9. breath_easy13

breath_easy13 Member

yeah true you dont want to hit the switch and have the hyper speed engage unplanned