Boxer/Morini info

GoldenMotor.com

Nates88

Jun 19, 2020
Hey everybody! I’m new here and actually joined because I picked up a boxer racing bike with a Morini Franco engine in it and honestly I’m not sure what to do with it. My original plan was to fix it and ride it around occasionally but after realizing that I’m probably going to have to put about $400 into it I’m not sure what to do with it. As of right now it needs rims, brakes and some other reassembly. Sorry the pic is kind of crappy.

Attachments

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Looks like it won’t take that much to get it going, have you fired the engine yet? I have a couple Boxer Bikes a black one and an orange one. You’ll enjoy yours when you get it going. Clutch can be a little finicky though.

Reactions: indian22

Nates88

Jun 19, 2020
Looks like it won’t take that much to get it going, have you fired the engine yet? I have a couple Boxer Bikes a black one and an orange one. You’ll enjoy yours when you get it going. Clutch can be a little finicky though.
The guy I bought it from showed me a video of it running. Supposedly the engine only has about an hour on it since it was rebuilt by him. He works at a local shop and long story short that’s kind of how he ended up with it. Unfortunately he decided to use the rims from it for another bike he has so the rims that are on it are just so it will roll. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s worth putting $500 into getting some rims from ghettobike, new brake calipers, and to have the shock tab rewelded because it’s starting to break off. Also long term if I’m going to be over $1000 into this bike(that includes purchasing it) is it worth at least that or more?

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
No idea on motorized boxer values.
But I'm thinking you might be in the wrong hobby if you're hoping to stay in the black by splashing upwards of $1K on this bike for a quick flip.
But plenty builders on this forum spending that kind of money to get the kind of ride they want isn't a rare occurrence.
That's a pretty interesting project you unearthed. Build to enjoy. Not to profit.

Nates88

Jun 19, 2020
No idea on motorized boxer values.
But I'm thinking you might be in the wrong hobby if you're hoping to stay in the black by splashing upwards of $1K on this bike for a quick flip.
But plenty builders on this forum spending that kind of money to get the kind of ride they want isn't a rare occurrence.
That's a pretty interesting project you unearthed. Build to enjoy. Not to profit.
The plan isn’t to flip it. As with most of my toys I will most likely sell it eventually but for now I just want to make sure I’m not spending that much cash on a bike that’s not worth it. Don’t get me wrong I do build to profit, but I enjoy the building and doing it for profit on low end bikes is what allows me to keep building and spend money on the things I need and want.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Is Ghetto bike still in business and if so would you post a cell # or e-mail. I've not been able to reach him recently with my old numbers.

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Yeah thanks Curt that's the number I've called with no response. He has some designed some nice parts and bikes.

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm thinking it's maybe a shutdown due to the Covid situation in L.A. & he'll get back to it at some point. Yeah his stuff is nice & I've had good dealings with him.

Rick C.