Board Track/Ratrod Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Bearmountain

Aug 29, 2016
Sweden
Hello everyone !

Andy from Sweden here and here is my build ! :)

Note to Moderators: Move this thread if it should be under cruiser thread.

I Started out with a cruiser from GT (Dyno Deuce)

The pic is borrowed.

I started to strip the bike and rebuild it..
Bought a 2-stroke 66cc motor and begin to mount in on the frame
and bought schwalbe tires

Attachments

Bearmountain

Aug 29, 2016
Sweden
Started to build my custom gastank to fit between the frame
Cut out templates.. bend the plate and test fit the tank
I drilled hole for the gas intake and finished up so the intake fitts.
A friend helping me to TIG weld....
I spot welding the sides on the gastank

Attachments

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I really like the look of this bike. That's quite a change from the gloss black to what looks like rust on the frame. It gives it a very convincing barn find look. How did you get the finish on the frame?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Andy your doing some great work & though I've never built a bike based on the Dyno frame I have admired the lines of Jeff's builds using the Dyno and know he believes in using quality parts so the frames must be tough as well.

Keep posting progress as I am looking forward to seeing a great bike when it's completed. Rick C.

Bearmountain

Aug 29, 2016
Sweden
I really like the look of this bike. That's quite a change from the gloss black to what looks like rust on the frame. It gives it a very convincing barn find look. How did you get the finish on the frame?

It is rust !I grinded down the paint then I mixt salt, water, chlorine and som other stuff
and sprayed on with a flower spraybottle and after a week it was
nice and rusty ! :)

Bearmountain

Aug 29, 2016
Sweden
Andy your doing some great work & though I've never built a bike based on the Dyno frame I have admired the lines of Jeff's builds using the Dyno and know he believes in using quality parts so the frames must be tough as well.

Keep posting progress as I am looking forward to seeing a great bike when it's completed. Rick C.
Thx man ! I like the curves on the dyno and I think the frame is pretty tough :)

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Rust! Awesome. Sometimes simple and obvious just seems too simple and too obvious so I assume it's something really complicated. Looks great. Nicely done. The rope wrap on the forks works too and will look even better as it gets dirty.

Bearmountain

Aug 29, 2016
Sweden
Rust! Awesome. Sometimes simple and obvious just seems too simple and too obvious so I assume it's something really complicated. Looks great. Nicely done. The rope wrap on the forks works too and will look even better as it gets dirty.
Yeh thx man it´s hemp rope :)