Board Track Motors

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
That's some sweet metal! The larger motor is priced at about a fourth of what a restored original is worth minimum.

Thanks for sharing.

Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Just WOW! I'd have to sell some of my stuff, then one of those 70% twins could make it onto my shopping list just as soon as the UK strikes a zero import tax trade deal with the US. C'mon you political types, get those talks underway sharpish!

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Just WOW! I'd have to sell some of my stuff, then one of those 70% twins could make it onto my shopping list just as soon as the UK strikes a zero import tax trade deal with the US. C'mon you political types, get those talks underway sharpish!
From what I've seen this is the lowest priced full scale motor available in a believable early model engine, it's less than half the cost of the Argentina "Power plus" Daytona Indian replica motor, which may or may not still be available from the builder.

Using 883 Harley parts in an Indian replica may sound like an awful idea to true believers of either the Indian or Harley brands, but that's one reason they can keep the price down and keep it serviceable as a practical rider. I'm collecting more info & hope to gain some insight into this beautiful project.

The 70% scale model seems to follow the off the shelf design, I'd guess Honda, but that's just my guess. It's a beauty that should lend itself to easier bicycle frame style builds and more affordable. It's a dang nice replica of the Indian F head too. 310cc should be great for single speed projects, plenty of torque.

Emissions requirements mean no registration, except as an antique, so some may be able to fake it with the DMV. Not suggesting just saying.....

Rick C.