Bike starts.give it throttle bogs down no power

GoldenMotor.com

enlowjack

Jul 6, 2021
Ok so I have 80cc dio reed valve w/oko carb. It was running fine and I was blowing through spokes. So many in fact tire was making contact with drive chain. I order pair of mag wheeles and some other stuff. couldn't wait to get those rims on my bike because I had never seen how much faster the new engine would go. FF a week get rims. swap out 36 that came on the rim to my 32. Set up front disc break. Take it outside and fire it up. I go 20 feet give it gas. Bogs down and with WOT go's 8/9 mph.tryed taking the carb apart and change the Jets but not sure if I put the right ones in. Smaller jets =more air , more speed right? Put it all back together. Same thing. Frustrated went back to other cylinder that came with dio. Regular intake, high performance carb excetra.put on bike. I couldn't get over 20 with out peddling.22 was as fast as it would go. Then I saw a YouTube vidio where dude says hp carbs other than a single jet can not be tuned like nd ones can because no needle to make leaner or richer. He said take the main jet from NT put it in HP. It worked better than expected. 30 mph.wich is ok but not as fast as oko w/dio read valve.when I swapped juggs I noticed inside the cylinder sleeve where intake is located the metal coating seemed to have flaked off that wouldn't be my problem would it as far as loss of power when given gas.
Right? So help me please.cuz I can't figure it out

enlowjack

Jul 6, 2021
Nope got it from king bike motors. It's the thunder shark model with 8mmAllen head bolts. I do own a much cheaper $135 bike berry 49cc and you are rite they do suck.little over $300 for the shark. It's a quality engine.

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
Hey now,was hoping I could get some of that advice when it comes to reed valve and carb.I have the "Raw Racer III kit.Its a yd100 that comes with the GT80 Reed valve and a Keihin carb clone assembly.The kit also comes with the red NT carb for the break in period.Running this carb I could hit 43mph no problem.So break in period is over and I pt reed valve on.The motor seems to run good all except It max's out at 35mph.My question is how do i make it faster?Bigger jet?And what is the best carb for a 100 w/reed valve?Im trying to get into the 50's mph.