Bike Side Car

GoldenMotor.com

Rusalko

Sep 9, 2010
Illinois
Hey Dbug41 obviously your sidecar kicks butt, can you tell us more about your rear rack on that bicycle? I like the seat/rack setup you have there, is it a custom job?

Last edited:

cnicholls

Apr 19, 2011
OH
Hello all, Im new but thought I would share the bike I built for my daughtor and me. I scabed it together on a saterday morning. Was built from scrap I had laying around.

You will notice the gastank from the skyhawk kit, I havnt gotten the motor mounts figured out just yet, however I just got some good idea's from this site!

Attachments

cnicholls

Apr 19, 2011
OH
You can see it handles the load great, the seat is from harbor freight marketed as a wagon seat for the little red wagon. I just built the side car around that. The side car is welded solid to the frame. I wish I would have made it pivit on a hinge.

A few more pics

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You can see it handles the load great, the seat is from harbor freight marketed as a wagon seat for the little red wagon. I just built the side car around that. The side car is welded solid to the frame. I wish I would have made it pivit on a hinge.

A few more pics
super bike .

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Great sidecar. Bet the other kids wish they could have one and I would guess if you said who wants a ride you'd be out there for hours.

When I built my sidecar I made it hinge and I found that it was not, for me, great. I have balance problems so I need three wheels and even with just the weight of the sidecar it was hard to pull it back up on right hand turns and hold it up on the left hand turns since it tried to pull you back upright.

I did make it kind of heavy since I have a hub motor on the sidecar and was worried about traction. I think with an adult in the sidecar you would have real handling problems. Most of the tilting sidecars were made for children

I changed mine to a 3 point frame and the bit I peddaled it around I was much happier.

If you want to see what I did you can look at the archives in the board track and vintage thread here. It was started by mick29 and I think I came in on page 3- post 27 but you should go through the whole thing to see what has happened.

Lots of photos as to how I did it so be warned that it may take a while unless you skip to the parts you want. I wrote about what I did as well so that may give you some ideas.

Steve.

tyndrgn

Mar 13, 2013
Virginia
DBug

Hate to bring up an old post bot could you explain the way you have the side car connected to your bike?...

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
My sidecar has both Quick connect/disconnect about 1 minute max. It also lets the bike lean seperate from the sidecar in turns. This is it's second year with no problems.

Attachments