Bike rolls freely with clutch lever open

GoldenMotor.com

Radar00

Apr 28, 2016
PA
Just to start- I did check the other thread on adjusting the clutch and making sure everything is tight and that is fine- I do not believe this is a clutch issue.

The problem- The bike was running fine today, although I first noticed an issue when starting it up, I would pedal, release the clutch, then nothing, it continued rolling as if I was holding the lever, I'd do this again and then it would start up and worked fine.

PROBLEM- after adjusting the clutch so that i worked fine I found when pushing the bike with the clutch lever open that the bike would free wheel. I took the head off and clutch cover off and noticed the piston would move up and down but then stop as I continued pushing the bike foward. The clutch and the gear would not spin however the bike would continue to free wheel if i pushed it foward

I guess something is happening where the drive sprocket is not driving the piston up and down and simply freewheeling.

Also it seems the cover for drive sprocket is tightened on to a rediculous degree. Is anybody in the Lehigh Valley area of PA that can help?

Is this engine toast? Or is it fixable?

I ordered a new engine pair from BEKITs but this engine is only a month old, and I didnt ride it hard.

Radar00

Apr 28, 2016
PA
Thanks for the tips, I checked the drive and there is definately some metal dust in the oil so something got shredding. I have an impact drive and woodruff keys on order