Best single bolt on mod

GoldenMotor.com

Jellyfish420

Jul 5, 2017
I've read and reread most to this forum. I've done all the 'free' mods and sadly have other bills to pay so I'm looking for the single, best bolt in mod for my engine. I've read about the heads and keeping it cooler.... And the cdi so it retards the timing, keeping vibrations down... And plenty others. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a yz80 expansion chamber. From what I can gather from my limited experience with 2 strokes my money would be best spent here first. I plan on doing the rest... I just don't have the money to spend all at once.
I just wanted to get some opinions as to what everyone else though would be the best single mod... Thanks

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The best engine performance bolt-on I've done was the expansion chamber. I honestly couldn't tell much difference with the hi-po head.

Reactions: Jellyfish420

Jellyfish420

Jul 5, 2017
make sure you make mounts on bike frame for the chamber,it wont stay on otherwise
I've seen pics of chambers that have a bar that runs down to the clutch cover. Was thinking of going that route... So even if it goes to a diff motor or diff frame... I won't have to make new mounts to bolt it to.

Marvin derevage

Jul 19, 2017
I've read and reread most to this forum. I've done all the 'free' mods and sadly have other bills to pay so I'm looking for the single, best bolt in mod for my engine. I've read about the heads and keeping it cooler.... And the cdi so it retards the timing, keeping vibrations down... And plenty others. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a yz80 expansion chamber. From what I can gather from my limited experience with 2 strokes my money would be best spent here first. I plan on doing the rest... I just don't have the money to spend all at once.
I just wanted to get some opinions as to what everyone else though would be the best single mod... Thanks

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Best single bolt-on mod to me was a rear sprocket that bolted to my rear disk brake compatible hub. The hard mounted sprocket eliminated a lot of vibration and reduced chain wear.

Rasor235

Jan 19, 2021
Exhaust made a decent difference in torque for sure, the performance carb made a top end difference and responsiveness difference and the head made it respond okay but the cdi almost did as much as the exhaust for my motor