Beach Cruise Hybrid Mk 3 Progress Update

GoldenMotor.com

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
Hi Guys! Just want to let you know about my progress on version 3 of my search for the perfect bike for older guys like myself.

Just finished testing the 24 volt motor/generator setup we added to the pedal drive train system that we added to our bike, so we could continue to exercise while running on gas power. Can hardly wait to test her out on a test ride but that will have to wait until the 500 watt front electric wheel kit arrives by slow boat from China.

Amber says the kit is still on ship, please wait patiently. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks. Regards Amber A professional manufacturer of e bike kit Nanjing 100G Smart Tech Co., Ltd A27-130, NO.199 Muf
u East Road, Gulou Dist. Nanjing, China http://www.ebike.tech

The first thing I learned from my little test was, the rear axle seems to be slightly bent allowing the seven speed cassette to wiggle. Hoping someone here has some advice on changing out axles on Schwinns. I can't even figure how to remove the hub dust cap myself.

Last edited:

Davideo

Feb 25, 2020
I recently added a older style hub motor to this bike, one with only 3 wires exiting the axle apparently this type is called a No Hall Sensor Motor and requires a simple hard to find Hall-Less Controller to run properly. But that hasn't exactly been my experience. First I was able to get the motor to run after a lot of experimenting with a big Brainpower Hall Sensor type controller but it didn't run for very long before it failed and burned out the Twist Grip Throttle.
After lots of searching around a cheap sensor-less 3 phase controller was located on BangGood. While I can't say that it is not working, I can say that I am not impressed with the performance. The starts are shaky and the acceleration is not smooth but the worst part is; it will not stop running when the throttle is released. Looking for some suggestions from the supplier I was asked to send a video that demonstrates the problem which is pasted below.

Last edited: