banana shape exhaust.

GoldenMotor.com

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
i got one of those expansion chamber banana shaped exhaust from amazon..well that was a waist of money the darn thing don't fit no matter what i try to do it clears the bottom but its way to far out and i cant move my front wheel its like 4 inc to wide. is there a expansion chamber exhaust that will fit my 48 cc china motor please advice i dont want to spend more money for nothing.

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Can't go wrong with this one. Loud But... Big difference.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5T44RW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also here's a good review
Allen I've two bikes running this x-pipe and really like the power but hated the loud and put a kit muffler on each, which hurt the power some, but not really tamed the noise. Both my engines are highly modified 66 cc reed motors, but I tried one on a pure stock motor and it really brought that engine to life and I think it might be the best performance mod one can make on a totally stock kit motor. The carb might need a tune to prevent running lean with the x-pipe.

After watching the test video I'd say the results seem quite believable. The greatest benefit is in the low to mid power range & the dramatic difference in zero to twenty time tests clearly show this. Top speed increase isn't that dramatic on a stock bike, but the pipes value on a highly modified bike is really noticeable on top speed, which has more than double the h.p. of a kit motor. More horsepower allows the engine to get up on pipe sooner and helps push the engine through the 7,000'ish rpm bottleneck that stock bikes struggle against. I've built some highly modified piston port motors that had the same problem, though they had a lot of power, but adding a decent expansion chamber freed them up to blow right through the bottleneck and rev on to 11,000 plus rpm.

The best x-pipes are those made from small 2-stroke motorcycle x-pipes, but that's not what we're talking about here. In my opinion the pipe Allen suggested is the best x-pipe for the $$ that will bolt up easily to most frames and produce significant low to mid range power band improvements. I've wasted a lot of dollars on x-pipes over the last decade and this is the best one I've found...again working in the parameters previously stated and I bought mine from two different vendors than the one doing the You tube test.

They are crazy loud though and I added mufflers to each, which I'm sure effects the power band, but acceleration is still great even using a 38 tooth final.

Rick C.

Excelsior Schwinn Autocycle 1.jpg

barbed wire.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: allen standley

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Very nice Rick! Pipe is loud, with that said I put in a # 63 jet still a wee bit rich but I very much like the thump thump sound out of it still 4 strokes at low speed. When I "get on it" She goes like he--. 29" wheel 48 t sprocket. Hills not a prob. Me at 150 lbs 300 ft Sea Level.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Allen you've got it geared to purpose and with 29" at your weight it's got to be sporty! I jet a bit rich as well 2 or 4 cycle, but think the 2 stroke demands it.

I put mufflers on to placate those around me, but miss the sound at times. I don't try to totally eliminate the 4 stroke from an engine as I know I'm cooling/lubricating at low speeds. I don't go crazy with thin mix either. Along the way I've found that stupidity kills more 2 strokes and roller chains than all other reasons combined. Four strokes are more forgiving, but can only endure so much before they too give up in the battle with neglect & lack of understanding.

Have fun!

Rick C.

Reactions: allen standley

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
So i kinda made a choice between the poo-poo street muffler and the motocross poo-poo pipe muffler and that performance speed demon muffler. i have a beach cruiser and a china 48cc motor and i don't know if they will fit after my latest fiasco with that banana pipe that don't fit because it sticks out so far i cant turn my front wheel. so i would love some input of what to get not so much on speed but some extra power is always good.

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Gill didn't you watch the video Allen posted earlier? It rates the various pipes available. None of them greatly influences speed, but do make a difference in low to mid range performance. Your question has been asked and answered. It's up to you to decide between these choices of muffled x-pipes that are claimed to bolt right on....or stick with the kit muffler. Up to you.

Rick C.

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
yeah i watched the vid they are all there was just wondering about those 3 and if people had trouble mounting them guess i should have been more precise in my question but thanks anyway.