anyone know a better way to reduce the vibration on the bike.

GoldenMotor.com

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
i have seen rubber parts for sale that u can use on the clamps that you hang the motor on to the frame but for the life of me i don't know who sells them ...i tried the inner tube from old tire but that wont really work. was thinking of cutting up a old tire and wrap that around the frame. anyone have a better suggestion please share it i went to 3 fenders already that just vibrated to pieces...and i am going to build a new bike so i could use the suggestions.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I have built 3 bikes now and each motor has had different vibration amounts. Pretty much depends on how well they got the internal balance setup. I wouldn’t worry much until you see what the new build runs like, it may be nice and smooth.

Reactions: gill vanderwerf

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Most mount the engine without using rubber
Using inner tube rubber with the engine mounts is really just to protect the paint.
It's thin and it's OK.

Do not use a thick rubber as it will just make the vibration worse

Sgtnergz

Sep 8, 2021
209, Cali Forn I.A
i have seen rubber parts for sale that u can use on the clamps that you hang the motor on to the frame but for the life of me i don't know who sells them ...i tried the inner tube from old tire but that wont really work. was thinking of cutting up a old tire and wrap that around the frame. anyone have a better suggestion please share it i went to 3 fenders already that just vibrated to pieces...and i am going to build a new bike so i could use the suggestions.

You can buy these "vibration mounts" (they only $12) it's 2rubber pieces that go on top of the front & rear mounts, and comes with longer 6/8mm studs to use when u install the rubber mounts..they work hella good people don't even hear when I pull up or leaving..you won't regret it..
Here's the site :

Attachments

gill vanderwerf

Sep 9, 2019
You can buy these "vibration mounts" (they only $12) it's 2rubber pieces that go on top of the front & rear mounts, and comes with longer 6/8mm studs to use when u install the rubber mounts..they work hella good people don't even hear when I pull up or leaving..you won't regret it..
Here's the site :

thanks those are the one i was looking for

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Don't use rubber between the frame & engine!!
Bolt the engine as 'square'' & solid as you can to the frame.

Most guys don't realize it, but a lot of vibrations actually come from the chain.
Make sure the rear sprocket is as perfect as you can make it & the chain isn't touching the tire.