Any sellers or shipping in/to Ireland?

GoldenMotor.com

Psyko

Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
Hi everyone,

New here but i have been doing a lot of reading up on motor bicycles however my knowledge only extends to the mechanics and assembly. I do not know much about shipping in regards to anything really (yes I am young). What i would like to know is:
Are there any reliable sellers in Ireland or the UK (the UK is perfectly accessible for me)?
or
Are there any American sellers that ship to Ireland/UK for a reasonable price?

Your help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Psyko

Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
If all else fails, use a US vendor and ship through myus.com
Wow, is that legit? Seems too good to be true but i have found one fair priced kit on ebay, only problem is it's just some random Chinese engine, is it worth the risk?

Psyko

Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
Thank you very much Ludwig II, i am in the Republic and in the middle of nowhere at that, now i just need to search for a suitable bicycle.

Psyko

Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
Thank You GasX, perhaps buying from the US will be more beneficial price and choice wise, it's a shame cruiser bicycles are so hard to find here.

Psyko

Jan 2, 2013
Ireland
I have actually found a few Irish sites that sell cruisers however being Irish the charge an arm and a leg for them. I just had a look at Walmart, i am so envious and even with the myus.com thing shipping is a bomb. It looks like I'll have to settle for a mountain bike frame, perhaps i could modify it, I'll check if there are any threads regarding the strength of welds holding up against the vibration of the engine before i start asking here.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It seems that steel is preferable to aluminium from both the fatigue point of view and the ability to weld or braze if modifications are wanted.

Is it just the style of the cruisers you want, or are you going to aim for a board track look? You might consider a bit of cosmetic camouflage like a tank and dummy top rail, perhaps, if you want the BT look?