Any News On NJ Allowing These Kits??

GoldenMotor.com

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Hi Guys!!

I have been searching all morning long online and cant find a good answer.I even called DMV and they said i would have to get a origin#off the motor to get a specialty title,,but it would have to pass an inspection,,in order for that it would need horn,lights,blinkers,same as a motorcycle.I don't think the guy understood that it was a bicycle.

I was reading in one other post about a NJ proposal on motorized bicycle,,it was back in 2010,,anybody here anything new,,and if you live in NJ,,how do you guys go about riding legal?

The wind is just about all out of my sails,,and I am ready to drop this interest,,sell my first kit,,and start a new hobby,,sad,,cause I was really exited about this whole thing,,plus I have a great shop equipped with tools,,and love to tinker.

Thanks Tom :(

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
Tom, Don't give up. The only way things can change is if someone takes the first step and start. Years ago a group of us wanted a Dove season in Indiana. The DNR put in for one every year, but the Governor said he would never sign it in. So we got a lawyer, Wrote all our reps, found one that was willing to introduce it as a bill. We got thousands of signatures, and now have a Dove season. Everyone said it couldn't be done.
It is the same with our motorized bicycle. The public could care less if we ride our bikes. It is the politicians that can't stand the fact that there is something they don't tax or control.
As of right now it is still a goverment of the people by the people for the people. It takes some work but you will see that the system will work if you use it.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Yeah,,
Well i guess we could all do that,,Im sure there are alot of Jersians that would join in on the fight,,even if they would only let people with a valid MC license ride them,,that would be good enough,,most of us have the MC endorsement on our license.

Well i guess for now I will build my first one,,ride it over in PA by mom and dad's some,,then sell it,,and build another if it sells.Hopefully the law can be changed,,I have no $$ for lawyers,,so I would need help from others.

Thanks and take care!!

Tom :)