Another new project: electrified Nirve Switchblade

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by Leo Klepper, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Leo Klepper

Leo Klepper Member

Hi Guys & Girls,

About 5 years ago i bought a second hand Nirve Switchblade. Ik could not keep myself from thinking how to electrify it. Recently i did it, it's topspeed is about 40 km/h. I have attached some self-adhesive chromestrip to the battery to give it a one-cilinder look.

Attached Files:

indian22, Toro1978 and biknut like this.
  2. SilentRider

SilentRider Member

Very nice! I've always liked that chopper frame the most, never seen one in purple. You could even put a second battery on the front of the drop down tube if batteries were cheaper. Did the motor fit in the BB stock or did you have to use an adapter?

indian22 likes this.
  3. Leo Klepper

Leo Klepper Member

The motor did fit. The guy who assembled it for me was very satisfied with the result, but is not going tot do it again.

indian22 likes this.
  4. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

Nice looking bike. Your styling treatment of the battery case is quite complimentary.

indian22 likes this.
  5. Toro1978

Toro1978 New Member

Very nice! But I don't understand why is the motor not in the frame "triangle" - that huge frame is perfect to put the motor on the inside. It is much more pleasing to the eye. It would also give the illusion of a cranshaft so the battery would look even more like a cilinder.
    That Nirve frame is my favorite chopper frame (I like it even more than the Felt chopper frames).
    I also love that headlight position, like an extension of the "tank", well chosen.

indian22 likes this.
  6. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

Looks awesome

indian22 likes this.
  7. indian22

indian22 Well-Known Member

Excellent build!

Rick C.