And so it begins

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Aaaaaannnnnddd the tank doesn’t fit

just like a mm less on each side and I could be able to wiggle it in. Would heat help?

Reactions: fasteddy

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
If it fits in the space it should. I'd wouldn't push it too far all at once. I'd watch out for tubing being crushed and as I said the tubing tearing where it's welded to the head tube.

Steve.
I only have to spread it a mm or so. Hopefully it will work. This tank is the most expensive part of this build.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sweet. I had a auto shop teacher who told me one time when I was hitting something with a hammer trying to free it that I obviously was using the wrong size of a hammer and picked up a 3 pound hand sledge hammer and smashed the piece I was trying to get loose and it came free.

It been an joke of mine for years that I'm obviously using the wrong size of hammer when something doesn't work.

Steve.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Iddybiddy bit of progress
I’m making a linkage fork. We’ll see if that works-still futzing with it. I finally got the 64 year old stem out. It was stuck real good
I’m looking for a seat post solution - this bike has a quill type post that I measured as 80.5mm. I don’t know what that is in American measurements because I grew up in the 70’s and I failed fractions anyway.

Attachments