An upgrade worth doing!

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I had a clutch handle break last week and I discovered the silly things are made of white metal. I foolishly bought a replacement that was the same as the original but I just was nervous about it breaking again. So, today I stopped by the local cycle and ATV shop to see what they had. For just over $20 after tax I walked out with a Perch and Lever made out of aluminum that feel quite solid. I got a long lever so it works very easily. The thing doesn't lock but I can live without that in return for the reliability. Something to consider! (^)

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I use a regular brake handle, it doesnt lock, so I have a thick duct strap (wire tie) cut to length, that I carry on my front reflector that slips over the handle when pulled in, waalaa locking clutch lever.......

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I always replace with ATV/dirt bike parts when possible. They work great and are long lasting. Some ATVs have a locking clutch. Even the cheap ones are a good deal better then standard kit ones

Xcel

Jul 20, 2008
Bike shops have great locking levers...they are for BMX bikes I believe. A pair should around $15.

bigdreamz2000

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan
My clutch bracket broke in a week. I used a self tapping screw to permanately and solidly adhere what was left of it to the handle bars. Cost $ 0.02.