amazon 100cc jug- unfinished sleeve?

GoldenMotor.com

cmoney805

Jun 24, 2023
so while modifying to try to get the most top end i could i made a 28 tooth sprocket , on 20 inch wheels , gutted the exhaust and opened up the mouth of it,, opened up the inside of the of the manifold and put a boost bottle, and ported the intake , exhaust, and transfer ports, but like an idiot i made the mistake of removing from the top of the intake and before i realized it , i had taken off enough to where when the piston is all the way down theresa a little opening. i’m wondering if that’s why i’m only getting up to 35?!? i live at about 1,200 ft above and have the clip on the card needle in the middle any lower and it 4strokes , i cut a little piece of the skirt of the piston so when it’s all the way up nothings blocking the whole and i have yet to try it but i got few new jets and instead of buying one of those billets i stuff the are around the carb opening with solder and smoothed it out to try to get the same affect. but to try to fix the problem with the intake port i ordered a new head but the sleeve didn’t come all shiny and finished looking like the other ones i’ve gotten where they look like almost a mirror, i put a side by side with my old one it looks like spray paint, it’s more rough is there a way to fix it like polish it or just get a replacement? please help?

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
On your original cylinder, are you getting blowback through the carburetor? If not that shouldn’t hurt anything. We are seeing many different materials used to coat the bore of replacement cylinders, some may look different but may perform well. I would use a new piston and rings on the new cylinder and try it, mixing new and used may not give good results.

Reactions: mapbike

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
A 28t on a 20 inch wheel is still fairly low, maybe one of members that knows gearing ratios will give their thoughts.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I would return it... I've got a bunch of cylinders nothing like that... A hone is what is used to finish a cylinder 400grit cross hatch pattern they missed that step in the one you have... The hone is about the cost of a cylinder...

cmoney805

Jun 24, 2023
I would return it... I've got a bunch of cylinders nothing like that... A hone is what is used to finish a cylinder 400grit cross hatch pattern they missed that step in the one you have... The hone is about the cost of a cylinder...
thanks i figured i already have it boxed up ready to send back to amazon , any recommendations on where to get a new one of quality

Reactions: Mossy

cmoney805

Jun 24, 2023
I forgot, welcome to the forum!
thank you! i thought i would be hauling ass, i did the same on another 1980s bmx style huffy 20” wheels but with an 80cc and the sprocket that comes with the motor and i got it up to 45

cmoney805

Jun 24, 2023
do you think with a new jug that is ported correctly i’ll get more power? i mean the thing starts right up , i don’t even have pedals on the thing i just jump on i with a lil forward push and it’s on and it gets up to top speed fast too, i just thought with everything i did to it, it would be way faster than 35 and i thought it would have a lot more compression , i would never be able to start my 80ccs that way ,

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Low compression is one of the drawbacks of the one piece cylinder, thinner base gasket is the only way I can think of to raise the compression slightly, but probably not enough to help.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
A lot of the one piece cylinder designs are made as an easy cruiser in mind, I’ve never owned one so I have no firsthand knowledge, I’m just relying on some members here about their experience.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I have a completely stock cheep ebay kit on a 20 inch with a 28 tooth sprocket and get 32 mph on the flat with it. You definitely should be a lot faster than my $95.00 kit.
IMG_4729.jpeg

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
That was a 20 inch Schwinn girls bike with a top bar from an adult road bike and part of the seat post grafted on.
Also used the rear support arms and the little rack at the rear is the front forks from the road bike. Put suspension forks from an unknown boys 20 inch to smooth out the ride.

cmoney805

Jun 24, 2023
On your original cylinder, are you getting blowback through the carburetor? If not that shouldn’t hurt anything. We are seeing many different materials used to coat the bore of replacement cylinders, some may look different but may perform well. I would use a new piston and rings on the new cylinder and try it, mixing new and used may not give good results.
yes it was getting blowback

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
that’s what i figured i’ve have a kids 20 beach cruiser with an 80 cc on it’ going 45, so i’m pretty disappointed with the 100cc right now
I think you need to start with some stock parts to get a baseline to judge against. 45 on a 20 inch bike must be pretty exciting.