All BTR bikes on here look amazing great work helps me with my ideas heres my BSA Ive started

GoldenMotor.com

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Welcome aboard!
You're off to a great start with your BSA .
What's that alternative tank from? A few cut-n-shuts should have it fit your frame nicely.

Reactions: BSAmase

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
H
Welcome aboard!
You're off to a great start with your BSA .
What's that alternative tank from? A few cut-n-shuts should have it fit your frame nicely.
Hello the alternative tank is for similar english bikes years ago an early bike shop used to make them and also do motors they dont make them now they just had one spare tank up in the attic

Reactions: PeteMcP

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
I was thinking the same thing. Also, what kind of front brake is that??
No front break only pedal back rear at this stage and I still have to do somthing with that like cut a crank right down to weld to the inside of another crank to push the existing one further out as it will hit the motor and cant go round any further at this point should be an easy fix

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Nice one BSA! Good timing too. I've been looking at a reproduction of this frame on classic-cycle.de Wondering a few things. What is the advantage of the bolt on seat stays? Are you running 28" wheels? Its looking very good. I understand you wanting a specific look but that torpedo gas tank is epic looking.
Classic-Cycle 56cm fraim.jpg

Reactions: PeteMcP

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Nice one BSA! Good timing too. I've been looking at a reproduction of this frame on classic-cycle.de Wondering a few things. What is the advantage of the bolt on seat stays? Are you running 28" wheels? Its looking very good. I understand you wanting a specific look but that torpedo gas tank is epic looking. View attachment 99073

Yhea 28" wheels the tank is re sprayed its of a vintage atco lawnmower the video is of its first start up

Reactions: Dan

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Once the first BSA is finished long way away I have another bsa frame to which I bought this villiers sloper head midget 98cc engine for not sure how to mount it yet some kind of made up bracket mounts will seat it but it runs really well but Ill take the exhaust of and do a straight pipe to ground

Attachments

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Once the first BSA is finished long way away I have another bsa frame to which I bought this villiers sloper head midget 98cc engine for not sure how to mount it yet some kind of made up bracket mounts will seat it but it runs really well but Ill take the exhaust of and do a straight pipe to ground
20180928_053025-01.jpeg

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Nice one BSA! Good timing too. I've been looking at a reproduction of this frame on classic-cycle.de Wondering a few things. What is the advantage of the bolt on seat stays? Are you running 28" wheels? Its looking very good. I understand you wanting a specific look but that torpedo gas tank is epic looking. View attachment 99073
Ive got a question for you velodrome...hoe would you mount this villiers engine in the easiest way possible to the same type BSA frame as im starting to look into it. Ill put up a pic of motor like what shape mounts would I have to use as my other chinese engine was simple it was bolt on?? keep in mind im not an engineer lol
20180928_212147.jpg

Reactions: indian22

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
More and better pics of the motor please. Is it still attached to something? lawn mower?
No My daughter and I started the transplant yesterday on close inspection Im thinking a good way might be to do away with left and right side pedal cranks but keep the bikes drive sprocket on and mount motor, run a chain on the motor shaft. ill put a sprocket direct to a small sprocket ill need to mount on left sidebottom bracket. add a chain tensioner bolt on pedals or in this case a foot peg system and run power direct through the bikes normal bottom bracket route type thing buggerd if I know what size sprockets to go with but I can make it all bolt on and interchangeable. Also uploaded end result of the mower rip lol.
20180930_092103.jpg
20180930_092122.jpg
20180930_092159.jpg
20180930_092219.jpg
20180930_092355.jpg

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
No My daughter and I started the transplant yesterday on close inspection Im thinking a good way might be to do away with left and right side pedal cranks but keep the bikes drive sprocket on and mount motor, run a chain on the motor shaft. ill put a sprocket direct to a small sprocket ill need to mount on left sidebottom bracket. add a chain tensioner bolt on pedals or in this case a foot peg system and run power direct through the bikes normal bottom bracket route type thing buggerd if I know what size sprockets to go with but I can make it all bolt on and interchangeable. Also uploaded end result of the mower rip lol. View attachment 99097 View attachment 99098 View attachment 99099 View attachment 99100 View attachment 99101
No clutch on the motor so its just going to be a straight race bike

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Crankshaft rotation. Looking at the rope pull start, it looks like the motor turns clockwise when running and looked at from the starter side of the motor. Am I correct?

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
Crankshaft rotation. Looking at the rope pull start, it looks like the motor turns clockwise when running and looked at from the starter side of the motor. Am I correct?
Correct yhea so pull start has to be right hand side of the bike