All BTR bikes on here look amazing great work helps me with my ideas heres my BSA Ive started

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've been away from the forum for a while, I wish I'd seen this. Are you going to try and register it? The Low Power Moped rules should apply if you restrict the power with throttle movement or something blocking the carb slide. The test, as far as I have read the rules a couple of years ago, is a glorified MOT test, nothing like as severe as importing a "proper" bike from abroad.

For your next build, you could benefit from looking at Mopedland, I've had girders and hubs from there.

http://www.mopedland.co.uk/

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
I've been away from the forum for a while, I wish I'd seen this. Are you going to try and register it? The Low Power Moped rules should apply if you restrict the power with throttle movement or someth
20181016_195237-01.jpeg
20181027_150436.jpg
20181016_195237-01.jpeg
20181027_150436.jpg
20181016_195654-01.jpeg
ing blocking the carb slide. The test, as far as I have read the rules a couple of years ago, is a glorified MOT test, nothing like as severe as importing a "proper" bike from abroad.

For your next build, you could benefit from looking at Mopedland, I've had girders and hubs from there.

http://www.mopedland.co.uk/
Hello yhea the guy has made a cool bike and video unfortunetly I only had two good motors to begin with an old chinese motor and a really good running 98cc villiers sloper motor I ripped of my old vintage atco mower which has no clutch whatsoever and is one speed so currently Im building the second bike as a racer left drive side of motor will be belt driven in the long run so it doubles as a clutch tension system but to start with sprocket chain driven just to see if the motors any good to use ill leave photos of both the bikes the second needs restyling new bars etc these bikes arent allowed on the road legally in new zealand ive only placed motor on the second bsa early stages so it looks a bit crap

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I was fooled by the fence and the quality of the light, it's the other side of the world to me. Have you checked whether creeping global convergence on rules lets you register it? And can you register it as some sort of showman's vehicle or even a tractor? There are loopholes and legitimate cheating in most vehicle codes as they are not conceived as a single unitary body, rather they are the aggregation of patches and fixes accumulated over the years.

BSAmase

Sep 27, 2018
I like your thinking I will look into it thanks
I was fooled by the fence and the quality of the light, it's the other side of the world to me. Have you checked whether creeping global convergence on rules lets you register it? And can you register it as some sort of showman's vehicle or even a tractor? There are loopholes and legitimate cheating in most vehicle codes as they are not conceived as a single unitary body, rather they are the aggregation of patches and fixes accumulated over the years.

Reactions: indian22

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
I believe there is a good example of a belt tensioner drive on eBay, search for a "1909 Indian board track racer", it has a few pictures of the tensioner system clutch that was used.

Reactions: indian22