Affordable Pulley and Belt Mount Alternative?

GoldenMotor.com

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I havent used one of their kits - but its basically a slightly less engineered rip off of the Golden Eagle system even down to the identical wheel sheave on both.

The question is if you want to go the belt route is do you want to be able to exchange gearwheels? I know that the GEBE has that option. I am not sure about this one. It looks flimsier than the Golden Eagle kit to be honest. Cutting holes in things to save weight in a cyclemotor situation is usually not the best of ideas...

Its cheaper, true but is that good pricing or is there a reason? personally having compared both, I would say the extra money is worth it for the GE kit

Jemma xx

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
Thanks, just wish I had more choices for this type of kit.

Is GEBE the only one making it?

Why hasn't somebody made a knock-off?

For that matter, why isn't there a Chinese knock-off?

ric

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HI RICLAND. THERE IS A MEMBER ON HERE "BAMABIKEGUY" HE DOESN`T POST A LOT, BUT HE SELLS GOLDEN EAGLES. HE HAS PUT OVER 12000 MILES ON THEM. INTERESTING FELLOW. TAKES LONG TRIPS WITH HIS TENT. HAS HAD A LOT OF NEWS PAPER ARTICLES PRINTED ABOUT HIS TRAVELS AROUND THE COUNTRY. HE SAID A BELT LASTS ABOUT 5000 MILES. RON:ride2:

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
gebe kit is an american product and the belt is propiatary from gates. i wonder what profession pays you mortgage and how would it be if it became a chinese knockoff? try the gebe, youll like it.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
JEMMA IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE (FOR A WOMAN rotfl) JUST KIDDING JEMMA!! SHE IMPRESS`S ME. SHE KNOWS MACHINERY! I THINK SHE IS A GEARHEAD. I ENJOY HER POST. LATER. RON:crash:

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
HI RICLAND. THERE IS A MEMBER ON HERE "BAMABIKEGUY" HE DOESN`T POST A LOT, BUT HE SELLS GOLDEN EAGLES. HE HAS PUT OVER 12000 MILES ON THEM. INTERESTING FELLOW. TAKES LONG TRIPS WITH HIS TENT. HAS HAD A LOT OF NEWS PAPER ARTICLES PRINTED ABOUT HIS TRAVELS AROUND THE COUNTRY. HE SAID A BELT LASTS ABOUT 5000 MILES. RON:ride2:

Wonderful, but how can I get more information on this fellow?

ric

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
BAMABIKEGUY I guess is the guy that rode from BAMA to Colorado on youtube. Just search belt drive and you will find him. His drive is a 25cc Robin and I can't imagine it being that fast. The smaller kit belt will last 5000 miles with that motor. I wonder how long with the 35cc or higher. I read that they will strip off notches.