A Few Questions..

GoldenMotor.com

Cade

Jun 21, 2008
I'm new to the motor bicycle idea..and have a couple questions before i go out and invest.
I drive about 15km (9miles?) to work everyday, mainly highway. but for about 4km i go up a hill on the way back. are these things built for hills at all?
its not a major hill, but still. and what about driving time for a 15 km trip?

as far as purchasing goes.. are the ebay kits alright?
and engine sizes.. what are the pros and cons of getting a 70cc over a
50cc or smaller?

any help you could give me would be great. thanks.

Cade

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Any bicycle motor you chose would work for you. The frame mount 70cc will pull you up any hill you want to go up once properly broken in.

All the kits are the same, but for service I wouldn't recommend revolution cycles, maybe not boygofast.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The 70cc should give you the little extra torque that you need to get up hill's, and if you gear it right it should be even better. I have a 67.5cc (the so called 80cc) with a 44t sprocket and do just fine up hill's. I have even gone up several mountain's here in Tucson with no problem's.

As far as e-bay, never bought anything from e-bay so dont really know. I have heard good stories and bad stories from e-bay.

But like GodFather say's...STAY AWAY from revolution cycles!!

Driving time for 15km... Depends on your gearing I guess...I have a 20mph speed limit so I really could not tell you. If I got a long way to go, I just be sure I give myself the extra time that I need to get there on time.

With heavy traffic in the city...even with a 20mph limit...I can get to place's faster on my MB then my truck...or about the same time..

:ride2: