A Bright Motorized Bike

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I added turn signals using a spiral wrap that works super nice for motorized bikes wiring protection and clean look. Comes in various colors and finishes-
The turn signal has a nice handle bar switch that lights up when signal is activated, kind of like a car. Its a Sunlit signal. What I don't like about it is the wire that connects the whole works is super thin and delicate and contains like 6 micro wires inside it so if its cut or damage it you could probably not fix. Hence the wrap to protect it.

Zip-

Attachments

ultralight01

Oct 30, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Sorry if I missed it but where did you buy that turn signal? I have one but it has a very annoying switch. That one looks a little more comfortable with the two buttons.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Good idea on a red Honda tribute bike...but don't put ideas on new build in my head PotatoIE or ill want to build another... One just needs welding goggles to wear while viewing my bike. LOL. The Neon Green paint is not for the meek. I see now Jeep is offering the beloved 4x4 in the same neon green color, just saw one yesterday at the dealership. Nope... I'm not going to buy it so no worries.

laff
zip-

Feb 2, 2017
California
Good idea on a red Honda tribute bike...but don't put ideas on new build in my head PotatoIE or ill want to build another... One just needs welding goggles to wear while viewing my bike. LOL. The Neon Green paint is not for the meek. I see now Jeep is offering the beloved 4x4 in the same neon green color, just saw one yesterday at the dealership. Nope... I'm not going to buy it so no worries.

laff
zip-
You can't do that. Until you know the history of HONDA.

You ain't know Soichiro Honda and how he started it all with his motor powered bicycles!!!! You don't know the history of HONDA! Do that first, and IF you feel like you've done your homework and know the deep roots of Honda first, then you will be allowed to put on your Honda wings. Just saying. :)

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Beautiful detailing, I too end up rat rod style...your mirrors on the green streak, where are they from? I have one 'like' it, but broke it. Moped or motorcycle mirrors have less vibs I found out.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Beautiful detailing, I too end up rat rod style...your mirrors on the green streak, where are they from? I have one 'like' it, but broke it. Moped or motorcycle mirrors have less vibs I found out.
Scratchbuilder, you must be looking at speedracers bike, mine is a different shade of even brighter green and has no mirrors yet, I see how it was confusing. I agree though, as I always use motorcycle mirrors and mounts also. Bike mirrors are just too flimsy.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I just finished customizing and installing the rear plastic fenders. I did the fronts last week.

I like the looks and the very feather weight nature of these fenders on a modern style build. Time will tell how they hold up. Normally these are for half fenders but I cut them smaller then connected them and made full fender out of them. There is not much room on the rear so it clears the chain but is way better than nothing.

I also had to vent the air tight gas cap as I was getting vacuum lock and getting 0 gas flow. I did this by drilling and press fitting a standard pocket bike air vent in the cap. I skipped the ugly gas line sticking up in the air and just used the cnc vent part. One wonders why the manufactures do not address these issues.

If you drive around with the cap loose it will vibrate and fall off when you are not looking. Picts below.

-Zip

Attachments

Last edited:

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
great job !
no excuse for not being seen for sure.
don't know about your weather, we been seeing upper 40's to 60's lately.
get outside and break in those bikes you spent the winter building !!!!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
great job !
no excuse for not being seen for sure.
don't know about your weather, we been seeing upper 40's to 60's lately.
get outside and break in those bikes you spent the winter building !!!!
Thanks, Gee one would think they could see glowing NEON GREEN!
Yep did a little riding here when it was warm. Warming a bit now up here again, its 45 up here so there is some hope. I was fantasying it would stay super warm, I should know better. My sons been shaking out and breaking in his new red Gt2a with a smooth running Pk80 we built for him over the winter, cold doesn't seem to stop him either. He had gas cap issues that we fixed also but that's all...so far.

Its got to be at least 60 degree Plus for me to not turn into a popsicle and freeze solid. I hate to get into the snowmobile suit on a bike. LOL laff

Attachments

Last edited:

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
I recently got new snow pants and thermaltite boots so I could ride my bike again lol. All that with my Columbia jacket, full face helmet and ice fishing gloves provides me with a warm ride at 30+ mph in Maine from 20f-35f. Two more months I hope it will be in the 50s. Then I wont need all the cold weather gear. Sux here in Maine its so cold half the year. Its almost like only summer and winter, spring is so short so isnt fall.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Cylon, Yep that's pretty much a detailed description of the exact snowmobile suit that I don't want to wear on my bike/LOL

Yep I get envious of those lucky people in the temperate zones.
As here in Minnesota we have the cold snow season - 2-3 weeks of bliss and then humid Mosquitos season and back to cold and snow season. At least that's what I seem to remember... laff

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
i think winter was designed to make you appreciate summer....
above 32* i.m OK, it's the ice i worry about.
then there is all the dam sand and salt on the part of the rd we ride on until spring when they get out the st sweepers.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Kartooo, Yes it adds about 100x appreciation I guess, but makes it go so fast and come so slow.
I heard lonely bird calling at sunrise today, a sure sign of spring. The winter mornings here are dead silent. Spring mornings are very different with the chirping and singing sounds of millions of breeding birds.
Omg they are loud and seemingly happy waiting for love and the huge bounty of insects etc that is about to be unleashed upon Minnesota. One can't sleep past 6 am. Lol

Kartooo

Nov 18, 2016
MA
ospreys, fish hawks, are back.
maple syrup is already flowing up north.
i'm ready, i'm ready !!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I just added one of those massive high compression "Jake Heads" to the Kawasaki trib.

This thing is huge and heavy. It certainly will help cool things a lot.... But not sure I like adding that much weight to the top of the engine. More vibration or less? I would think more stress on the engine mounts as it adds a lot of leverage to the top of the engine.
It also makes the engine look huge so a cop may question the CCs, hmmm now I am having second thoughts.

Also what nobody says is that - you need a much longer NGK 8es spark plug to reach the cylinder. Plus the head nuts hardly have any threads to grab without replacing the rods or raising the rods by removing all 4 of them and installing with the head nuts already attached.

Attachments