Ok. Summer's over and I want to be ready for next year. I hate surprises so I had an itch to see what kind of wear 900 miles did to these cheap engines to get a heads up on any problems that may arise. So I took my 80cc apart and stripped the paint and degreased all the parts. I repainted the parts that needed painted and closely inspected the critical parts. Here's what I found. * The cylinder has slight vertical scratches but it didn't affect performance. * Lots of carbon build up. Removed carbon and all seems ok there. * Bearings on clutch shaft had translucent grease...like vaseline or something. Also one had some metal flakes inside the bearing that gave it a gritty feel. I sprayed some WD-40 to clean it out and repacked both bearings. Seems okay now. * The clutch plate and friction wheel has ball bearings that had no oil or grease. There are 3 holes that access the ball bearings in the back of the clutch plate. I shot some grease in there being careful not to put too much. The clutch pads won't work well with grease on them. * at close inspection of the bottom of the cylinder I noticed a peice that look liked it was cracked however it is a casting problem (see pic). It hasn't been an issue so far so I'm not going to worry about it. * Cylinder head has some real cashing issues. It looks like some severe cracking but it is bad cashing. No cracks, just looks ugly (see Pic). * Piston looks absolutely fantastic for 900 miles after I cleaned the carbon off. * Needle bearings look great and so do the main crankshaft bearings. * Replacing all the screws and washers with stainless steel due to the climate here. * Yes, That's why I painted my magneto green and the magneto rotor vivid purple. Now it's time to reassemble the motor. I'm thinking of electroplating a new motor I might get instead of painting it. Time to get to work. P.S. That starter motor will work nicely once I maching the parts to make it fit. Will take some time for that though.