86 MPH!

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have been hard at work testing one of my bikes lately. I make one change at a time, then haul the bike out to a fairly quiet stretch of road to see if it's faster or slower. Finally getting it pretty well dialed in. The bike is a Keystone variation on a Bonneville Flyer. Engine is a GX200 stroked and bored out to 234cc. I have been running on gas as well as methanol. I set a goal of 86 mph mostly because I felt the bike could do it and finally it has! Please keep in mind this bike is built for speed. It may resemble a motorized bicycle in some ways but this is a purpose built racing motorcycle. It is an entirely .120" wall DOM steel tube frame running motorcycle tires and wheels. It also has steering stops for limited steering angle, a steering stabilizer, and H speed rated tires. Speed was verified using a quality GPS speedo.

Hopefully these are video links I am adding here. If not just follow the links to my Flickr page.

86 mph by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

86 mph by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Nice flat empty stretch of road & sooo tempting to let it go rip! Thanks for sharing the video and congrats on the fast, great looking Sportsman...Rick C.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I set a goal of 86 mph mostly because I felt the bike could do it and finally it has! Please keep in mind this bike is built for speed. It may resemble a motorized bicycle in some ways but this is a purpose built racing motorcycle. It is an entirely .120" wall DOM steel tube frame running motorcycle tires and wheels.
Congrats on the 86 mph!
Come race some motorized bikes Oct 21st at Grange Motor Circuit in our "Unlimited" class.

Your buddy AGK will be there with their new race frame along with Scotto and a few other fast bikes.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Great news Pat. Will this bike or motor be at the flats?
We are hoping to make the next Bonneville event. If my bike stays on pace I should be able to beat my old record which still stands after a couple years of people running against it. I also have a sleeved down bike to run in the 100cc push rod class. It might be slow but it is well above record pace for 100cc.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Awesome, what is the100cc push rod class record?
Hi Neil,
The two different 100cc push rod records I was planning to run are 45 mph and 54 mph. In testing I am running 58 mph with current gearing. Both bikes are running well above current records. Unfortunately World Finals, which was scheduled to run last week, was cancelled. Recent rains left the salt soft and the BLM asked the SCTA if they would cancel the event and they did. It's a desert on the salt flats and still gets cancelled often by rain.