80cc 2 stroke motorized bicycle bike problem help

GoldenMotor.com

josh12a

Dec 1, 2018
So, my 80cc 2 stroke motorized bicycle bike runs normally for 7-10 minutes but then it starts to jerk and the thing starts to shut off and can't turn back on. (it feels like gas isn't going through properly)

But then a day later, it worked again! but the same problem happened!!

HELP

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
Check to see if gas is mixed? Getting hot? Still have compression and turning over normally when trying to restart after it dies?

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
So, my 80cc 2 stroke motorized bicycle bike runs normally for 7-10 minutes but then it starts to jerk and the thing starts to shut off and can't turn back on. (it feels like gas isn't going through properly)

HELP
You might check your gas line for an air leak, had an old Harley would start then would die after it ran the fuel line out before it started sucking air....

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Sounds like Gas Cap not venting. Get it going again and leave the cap loose. See if she runs longer then. In my beginnings this was always an issue. I even now drill a tiny hole 3/32 in the center of the gas cap on Every Build.

Reactions: RickM

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
Sounds like Gas Cap not venting. Get it going again and leave the cap loose. See if she runs longer then. In my beginnings this was always an issue. I even now drill a tiny hole 3/32 in the center of the gas cap on Every Build.
Good to know...reminds me of drilling thermostats before it became the norm....

Billsef Laurall

Dec 14, 2018
Ive heard about failing CDI's doing this when they get too hot, but I would definitely check out the gas cap like others have suggested.

kinopio

Oct 9, 2020
I'm having a very similar problem. The bike will usually start then run really rough for about a quarter mile then just bogg out and die. It refuses to restart for several hours and then repeat process. The CDI, magneto, and spark plug are all brand new. The bike was gifted to me by a family friend and they let it sit out for close to a year. I cleaned it up as best I could and only started after I replaced the previously stated parts. It ran great for the first week then failed out of nowhere. I dont know what to do anymore. Youtube only has so much to offer. I am not very mechanically inclined but I've made sure to take care of everything parts wise. Can anyone help?

hemmadroid

Feb 20, 2021

HELP
Maybe a kink in fuel line? air filters sometimes choke life from small motors. try taking it off