80 Cc Install Problem

GoldenMotor.com

DATHICKNECK

Jan 25, 2009
HAWAII
Just installed my kit. The instructions were so poor you had to guess alot of things. The cable that screws on to the carburator fell part when I took it off. I reinstalled it with the slider and springs but i want to have a detailed picture of the correct sequense of parts. I put the cable through with spring around,had to compress the spring while I put the cable in the groove on the side of the slider. There is a needle with a e-clip and look like a big clip which fits througn the bottom of the hole. screwed it back on. I started the bike. It was a hard start at first. It will start but you have to feed the trottle. It goes about 20 mph but starts to die when I come to a stop and does not idle. Actually if the instructions were detailed and the pictures were clear, this wouldnt have been such a chinese nightmare.If explained properly and parts labeled and numbered this could be installed by any person. The problem is the pictures, the guessing, the modifications. Please help me with this problem.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sounds about right- Just turn the idle screw in a little at a time until it will idle. (It's not a mixture screw like a lot of the instructions say it is.)

DATHICKNECK

Jan 25, 2009
HAWAII
Thanks-The real problem is the instruction manual. I found this website and the other guys manuals and they explained everything exactly what I needed to know. The pictures were clear and the explanations understandable. The ones I got seemed like "chinglish". The real thing to understand is because it is made in China, you have to go slow and not force or tighten things or you will strip everything you touch. I guess if eveything was laidout and numbered ( like the instructions when you build furniture)the average guy could easily do it. The chain broke yesterday ( had to replace the masterlink)
the gas tank leaks by the fitting ( need plumbers tape) . Hoping after I start it and lock the clutch, I can idle the bike. Thanks

theycallmebob

Dec 13, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Thanks-The real problem is the instruction manual. I found this website and the other guys manuals and they explained everything exactly what I needed to know. The pictures were clear and the explanations understandable. The ones I got seemed like "chinglish". The real thing to understand is because it is made in China, you have to go slow and not force or tighten things or you will strip everything you touch. I guess if eveything was laidout and numbered ( like the instructions when you build furniture)the average guy could easily do it. The chain broke yesterday ( had to replace the masterlink)
the gas tank leaks by the fitting ( need plumbers tape) . Hoping after I start it and lock the clutch, I can idle the bike. Thanks
Sounds about typical for your first build. My gas tank was leaking around the fuel petcock as well, thats when I realized I had forgotten to install the gasket for it.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It's kinda funny how you need all that info (instructions) to get started only to pitch it all to the wind later. Guess it's like that learning anything.

DATHICKNECK

Jan 25, 2009
HAWAII
I am planning to build a second bike soon. I just feel for the first-timer and the pains he encounters. I had to keep on looking, looking at the blurred pictures in my manual. After I rested and read the forum , the next day was easier.Thank God for the forum. The chinese guy probably won't fix his manual but just copy the best one out there.It s like playing with computers some guys get it fast and others struggle but eventually get it.