79cc predator

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Gotten this deep... Few more hondos what the ****... And it's the first Stage 5 79cc ever... Agk don't have rollers and titanium push rods... And theirs is twice the money built... And there head don't have over size reduced stem stainless valves... NOS ready ;) probably have to remove the 2nd ring if I rev over 10 grand... And I have to remember to lap in the flywheel to the crank stub... Before I put it together so I can clean the compound off easier... Then never sleaze it... Advance the timing with the off set cheater key...
MV5BMzE5YTFkMWQtZDE1Yi00ZTU3LThmMjItYjA3NGRiN2E0NTliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxMjk0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Screenshot_20230708-103547.png

I'm just waiting for everything to come together and finish the 79cc parts list... Roller rockers and a nibbi pe 19-22 engine mounting bracket and comet tav 30...
Picking away at it...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Running a higher ratio rockers 1.2 and not wanting to risk bottoming out the spring I'm going to try this one... There's a 26# white spring that will work also... Titanium keepers

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Everything should work to 8000rpm
When my engine guy gets back to me I'm going to ask if the distance between the rocker posts are the same distance on a 79 and a gx200... The threads might be smaller also... If there different there getting welded closed and re drilled...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The second head came in and I got a message from the builder about my questions... And I found a part for a 3hp to mix and match with the vintage shroud and rope pull cup... Im pondering the thought of useing a Briggs head affixed to the valve cover to appear as genuine as possible... I don't want to tilt the engine I don't like the geometry with that...

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Rod bolts... With holes for safety wire... So they don't loosen up... Green hi temp locktite... Or I might come up with a billet rod and bearings...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
So I figured out something... No billet rod... So no sense in going crazy on the top end... The 22lbs springs are 1 over stock and should float before the rod is an issue around 5500 ish... That's basically the rev limiter... Another theroy I've been thinking is the 56t sprocket over the 60T I was looking at I'm not 100% Shure the 60 is the right one and I can get the 56 from the same place as the hubs so it's not ideal a 75T... But then it's too large for the frame sort of thing... The 56 on a bicycle is fitment as big as they go... So there's 3 reasons... Then I'm thinking I don't need to push it to the limit or even try... The absurdly tall gear will help keep the rpms down to where the engine makes it's most power 3600-4k... So it will Cruze along fine... The 30 series with a strong spring in the driven will keep it from over drive anyways... And a strong one in the front will make it engage at a higher rpm so it won't stumble from a stop.... A Colman has a 19" tall wheel and I'm going to be about 25" so there's a 6" difference... I think it will be better than most with a 44t and the extra power should help and I'll get a 60 just to say I have it to try... If it fits...The 60 comes from France so it's just time to see if it a fit or not... And I found a 56 for 1 1/2" hub adapter coaster... So I'll have it in both sets of wheels...
Then I was looking at cross 2-3 patterns but the rims will determine that... It makes a difference if the spoke comes from the inside of the hub or from the outside to the rim... But there's only a few measurements that matter more than the other...
And I found another spoke rolling machine for a little less in 9 gauge so I can use that if I can't get the perfect length... For the moped wheels...
I've got 9ga spoke rolling machine in the works... Won't know until tomorrow... 9- 3.5 10- 3.0. 12- 2.5 ... 11g is the odd duck as long as I Don't mix them with different supplier and get everything from one place...

Attachments