79cc predator exhaust smoke

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Hey, I know I've probably got a reputation for ignoring things, but I'd like some advice.

I've got a seemingly excessive amount of exhaust fumes coming out of my exhaust pipe. In warm weather, it's less significant, almost unnoticeable while my bike is moving...but still noticeable. In cold weather, it's almost intolerable. I'm running the stock carb with an air filter acting as a ram air intake and a higher jet size, .72. Stock size was .65.

Am I just running too rich in general, or is it supposed to be like that until I get up to speed? I'd rather run slightly rich than at all lean. I'm trying to design it for 55mph, with maybe a bit of leeway if I want to push it... If necessary, I can post an amazon link to the filter.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It looks like you need a smaller jet, no two engines are exactly the same. It's best to jet by plug color and engine temperature, sometimes we over think things.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
Alright, I'll buy some plugs to do some chops. Will I need a new plug every chop?

Any ideas as to the ideal temperature?

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
No need for new plugs every time, just get a small stainless brush and brush it in between checks............Curt