6000W (8hp) Modified Razor CRF50 xr50 Style Electric Dirtbike / Supermotard FOR SALE

GoldenMotor.com

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Dirtbike Mode

Supermotard Mode

Here's my Razor MX650 electric dirtbike which I completely modified into a monster electric supermotard, utilizing two motors running 3000W each in parallel for a total 6000w or 8HP, for a massive amount of torque! I have it geared for a legal top speed for an electric scooter so it doesn't need registration. It uses an affordable AGM battery pack which will go 5 miles under full tire sliding, wheelie shred, or about 8-9 if cruised about. This bike has enough torque to flip right over backwards if you thwack the throttle WOT, and as such requires care when accelerating and cornering!

I put 12.5" on scooter wheels with smooth tires for on-road fun, but will include a set of dirt wheels, the stock front wheel and knobbie tire, and a 10" alloy rear wheel with 3.0" wide knobbie, with a 3-speed Sturmey Archer disc brake internally-geared hub, so you can shift gears and climb the steepest hills, or go really fast in top gear which is 1:1! The geared hub's thumb shifter is located on the left peg mount, so it is shifted kinda like a gas dirtbike.

The bike uses a huge toroid inductor coil to optimize power delivery and torque under steep hillclimbing, has a on-board battery desulfator for maintaining the battery chemistry in between rides, and I also have two big audio supercapacitors and their respective harness (shown in the pics) which are off the bike right now due to one disconnecting internally (only $50 online). I chose to take off the supercapacitors due to their weight and the bouncing around on trails, but they are fun to have on as well to help to keep the motor voltage at max without letting up on the throttle for extended uphill runs. As it is now with them excluded, you just let off the throttle every once in a while to allow the controller's internal capacitors recharge in a second, something you usually gotta do anyways when heading into corners really fast!

There's also a bike computer that looks kinda like a trail tech, but doesn't have a tachometer because it's useless on an electric, electric motors love revs and are at max efficiency almost near redline when back-EMF is at peak. There's also a working brake light, tail flasher, 4W headlamp, and turn signals, to make it legit around town.

It also has CF look fairings, a custom UV Lexan windscreen, tall comfy seat pad with grip cover, and lockable storage boxes which click into the sides of the fairings for carrying extra batteries or cargo. The power key can be used as an emergency cutoff if the lanyard is looped around your hand, in case you get chucked off the bike stunting, lol! I originally intended to add some RC Lipo batteries and carry them in the cases for range extension, but decided against that due to their hassle and risk. This bike with the appropriate LiFePO4 pack inside the racks would probably go about 20 miles between charges, I've been waiting for pack prices to go down, but now I just need the money. :(

This bike with some longer gearing has the torque and power to do 50 mph easily, and my friend commented that its much faster than his 4 speed 110cc Loncin pit bikes. With the dirt wheels it sits up taller than a 26" mountain bike and has lots of ground clearance for rough trails. The rear shock is an aftermarket gas pressure tuneable performance shock, and the front XR50 style forks are modified for extra height and proper rake angle with the rear, and greased for some hydraulic damping effect, with boots to keep it clean. The brake pads are a performance mettallic compound which stops it on a dime, the calipers are cable actuated so you don't need to worry about leaking lines or any of that hassle.

Anyone looking for a street legal pocketbike, electric bicycle, scooter, or trail-legal dirtbike should check this out, since it's the most well-modified Razor dirtbike that exists today!

I put a ton of R&D and work into this bike, and would like $1250 OBO, I can include a spare rear tire, tubes, and other misc. items to go along with the bike for the asking price. I'm in Marin County, just north of SF. As always, I can ship the bike but it isn't much smaller with the wheels off and weighs about 120 lbs, + about 30 lbs worth of extra wheels and spares so it won't be cheap.

Test rides will be granted only to riders with cash in hand, helmet, and a respect for powerful motorcycles, because this is NOT a toy, despite its small size it packs a huge acceleration whallop!

Attachments

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Re: 6000W (8hp) Modified Razor CRF50 xr50 Style Electric Dirtbike / Supermotard FOR S

Powerslides, burnouts, and wheelies galore, plus neighbors' 2 stroke scowls turned upside down into electrified smiles, all this can be yours... :D

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Re: 6000W (8hp) Modified Razor CRF50 xr50 Style Electric Dirtbike / Supermotard FOR S

I'm flexible on the price within reason, looking to free up some funds to build some different bikes.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Another bike that's been solid as a freight train since I upgraded the whole system to handle 60V, it's crazy, this and my BMX are set up so that you don't technically need a M2 to ride them and still no serious cash replies, just offers for road bicycles, tattoos, boa constrictor snakes... LOL

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep on ripping, I need it to stay sane anyways! :D

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw

what voltage are the motors? and AH of the batteries? How long to full recharge from empty?

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Sorry for the delayed response, I work so much no time to ride so I don't visit here often. the voltage is 66 max, 5 10ah inexpensive AGM batts in series, recharge is about 3-4 hours, runtime full throttle uphill charging and racing around is about 20 minutes, if you chill on flat ground (I never did) you might get 40 minutes. Riding it at full chat and cornering hard is very fun, you can drift it and I'm usually spent after one session on this bike in the curvy hills. It's still for sale to an electrically capable new owner, I can't go below 700 because of the massive amount of work that the evolution of this bike has taken along with the parts list of the current configuration being over 1200 in parts. This bike would make a good commuter within about a 7 mile radius, since it is robust and built like a xr50.

Last edited: